Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure Problems Abusive Engineer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

richard978

Gas Engineer
Had an emergency call today pressure problems. When I got there the engineer was waiting for me and told me it was low.

I checked the service and at the outlet and was sat there happily at 21mb.

I showed the engineer who then shouted at me and said so why isn’t this boiler working as it should. My reply was well I’m not here to fix boilers I’m here to fix pressure but it sounds like the gas valve needs a tweak.

It turns out he fitted a new gas valve out of the box and did know how to set it up. It also turns out that he was nt gas safe engineer but the bloke who ran the company was.

In the end I had to cap the customer off because the engineer threw a load of abuse at me and walked off. Calling me a lazy arrogant ****, while I’ll agree about the lazy bit as I’m over 50 and slowing down I can’t understand the rest. I just wanted a competent engineer to attend so I could leave the customer on.

I’d love to know what I did to deserve that

Jimbo used to work for BG and we would stand at bar and he would say...cut that wally off the other day, that fella swore at me so he delayed filing the report or going back as punishment. He had loads of victims. They would look accross pub and he used to wave back. he he, he threatened to cut my aunty joyce off one morning but called me instead.
centralheatking

I’ve seen all sorts in this job, but don’t normally get hassle off engineers.

When I swept the boiler I got 5% gas around the case whilst it was running. God knows what hed done with it.

There is some scary stuff going off out there. Worst I’ve seen is a bit of 22mm copper pipe swagged over a meter union and no solder, amazingly it passed a tightness test but only spotted it because the test barrel was split. I just wonder what was going through the plumbers mind when he thought

“ I’ve got no 22mm fittings so I’ll hammer a bit of 22mm pipe over it and hope for the best”

I wonder how well he slept knowing that under the stairs next to the electric meter was his job with his name on it and a ticket to HMP.

Last edited:
I wonder how well he slept knowing that under the stairs next to the electric meter was his job with his name on it and a ticket to HMP.

I think people like that sleep perfectly O.K.
They don't have the knowledge to realise what a bad / dangerous job they've done.

Had an emergency call today pressure problems. When I got there the engineer was waiting for me and told me it was low.

I checked the service and at the outlet and was sat there happily at 21mb.

I showed the engineer who then shouted at me and said so why isn’t this boiler working as it should. My reply was well I’m not here to fix boilers I’m here to fix pressure but it sounds like the gas valve needs a tweak.

It turns out he fitted a new gas valve out of the box and did know how to set it up. It also turns out that he was nt gas safe engineer but the bloke who ran the company was.

In the end I had to cap the customer off because the engineer threw a load of abuse at me and walked off. Calling me a lazy arrogant ****, while I’ll agree about the lazy bit as I’m over 50 and slowing down I can’t understand the rest. I just wanted a competent engineer to attend so I could leave the customer on.

I’d love to know what I did to deserve that

Did you report him in any way?

One would think that he would at least calm down once the error was pointed out. Presumably it was 21 with boiler running?

I wouldn't even make any point or raise my temper if I new I was working on Gas or any trade illegally. The front of it is beyond me . . . I wouldn't get any oik doing something they are not allowed to do. . .

Reply to Pressure Problems Abusive Engineer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock