Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure problem with alpha cb25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
From cold boiler pressure shoots up in seconds and dumps through prv whether hot water or heating. If you persevere with heating and get it running even on very low heat all settles down and boiler works fine, heating and hot water. Let system go cold and run hot water and system dumps again. I don't understand why it all runs ok with as little as 20deg of heating or higher. Puzzling. Any advice appreciated.

Im not sure if its blocked or not. Once the heating is running even at the lowest possible temp for a few minutes it all operates ok. Let it go cold and call for heat and the pressure flies up and discharges.

I got invited back again and solved it. I took the plug out the pump front and this time the pump would spin and stop, spin and stop. I checked power was continuous and so changed PUMP. I can only guess that the pump was warming up before and this is why it always worked once it was running. Also I should mention our favourite friends with penguins, it was under contract, had said they were not touching it because it definitely needed a power flush and extra air vents above boiler cutting in, all for bargain price of nearly £1400. Needless to say the water was clean and all it needed was a pump head change. Second occasion this year Ive found them making a serious misdiagnosis and profitable work for themselves. Not good enough.

Reply to Pressure problem with alpha cb25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating, the pressure rises over 2 and the error code 117 showing water pressure high After i did the bleeding and re-pressurize to 1.3 bar, the heating is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock