Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure low - can't find valve to repressurise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I cannot find the valve to repressurise the boiler, bled the rads earlier and the CH has cut off.

I've attached the below images, can any body see the correct valve here I've tried a few variations with no success.

Thank you

20181027_231924.jpg

20181027_231907.jpg

20181027_231857.jpg

Airing cupboard???

Silver flexiable hose your looking for

You are looking for a silver braided hose. However if it’s been removed you are looking for to threaded ends with an on off valve usually near the boiler
What sort of boiler as some have internal filling arrangements. It’s not the end of the world, just keep lookin and posting . Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Hi all,

Thanks for your help on this. So I found the braided hose last week and was able to increase the pressure by turning the screw circled in the blue.

I've just noticed our boiler has lost all pressure today and we have a drip coming out of this pipe circled in red - do you know why this is? We have multiple taps labelled with numbers but nothing identifying what they do unfortunately.

Braided hose.JPG

Thanks Shaun, sounds like something feasible for DIY ? Just switch off the water and replace with a new part or would it require a plumber just to be safe?

Thanks Shaun, sounds like something feasible for DIY ? Just switch off the water and replace with a new part or would it require a plumber just to be safe?

hose pipe on the end (drain the system) undo the spindle and wait until it stops remove spindle and replace washer and tighten back up then refill

upto you

Have a go, your doing well so far think of the money your saving , let us know please
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Hi guys, thanks for your help with this. So I loosened the spindle tonight, a lot of water seems to be flowing out . I've turned off the main supply so none of the taps in the house are working, I'd say I've filled a bucket with 3 litres already, very dark /black water. IS this normail or should it only be a slow leak of water once the spindle is loose?

You will be draining the heating system so there will be a bit of water

Ok thanks. Swapped out the washer but now I appear to have aleak coming out between teh top of the tap connection with the copper pipe. Not sure if this was loosened when I was undoing the spindle is this just something that needs to be tightened up? I've given it about 30 rotations already and no ease up so far

I will be surprised if you would get 30 turns on it from new :D

Are you holding the drain so your not spinning the whole fitting ?

I mean 30 spins on the drain itself, the leak is from the top of the drain where it connects with the copper pipe. I tried to pressure back up the boiler and the water started to spew out the top of the drain connection.

I mean 30 spins on the drain itself, the leak is from the top of the drain where it connects with the copper pipe. I tried to pressure back up the boiler and the water started to spew out the top of the drain connection.

try tighting the nut up the part youve replace will only require a nip up so if youve done more replace the washer

prob have to air the heating system

you will see a gauge dont let it go past 1.5 bar when filling

The boiler isn't firing up now, the light flashes for a second and then it goes off. Boiler makes the same noise as if it has low pressure but I can see that it is at the 1 bar. Couldn't make it up one problem after another.

no flow prob due to you draining the central heating

there should be air vents in the airing cupboard

ah just saw your reply Shaun, it's a gas boiler I have. When you say air it I only have the gauge for the water pressure, is there another one?

I've had a good look around and cannot see any valves like that unfortunately. I've attached some iamges of the airing cupboard and pictures from under the boiler. There are yellow gas valves could it be these ? Thanks for all your help as well really appreciate it.

20181109_214939.jpg

20181109_214927.jpg

20181109_214913.jpg

20181109_214823_001.jpg

20181109_214706.jpg

20181109_214659.jpg

20181109_214654.jpg

only thing you can do is turn the heating on turn the heating temp down on the boiler and let the pump self air and bleed the rads

That worked Shaun, plenty of air flowing out with the water when I bled the radiators so had to refill the boiler and do it a few times, it's lighting again anyway.

Thanks for all your help Shaun & Rob, much appreciated. ;)

Glad everything is ok I would bleed them again in a day or two once everything has settled

The respite didn't last long. I now have a leak coming out of the top of the drain valve where it connects to the copper pipe. I've turned the nut multiple times eith way but nothing seems to work.

Is the drain off valve screwed in to this nut or is it one fitting? I've tried to remove the valve from the nut as well to take a look but no luck.

Might have to cut my losses and get the plumber to fix it.

Last edited:

Reply to Pressure low - can't find valve to repressurise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock