Search the forum,

Discuss powerflush question what would you guys do in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbdoctor

been doing an install this week thats been a complete mere, had 3 leaks on pipe thats pin holed custard is now refusing to have a powerflush as they are scared of more issues. I dont know what to do ? would you guys just put on the benchmark refused powerflush ? I have started the job and paid for all the materials so not sure where i stand ? I have told them it will invalidate there warranty, just want to have my own arse covered really

Give them a certificate and note everything down, get their signature

You can't force someone to comply with what they should be doing ?

Hot flush is all thats required on the bench mark book. You dont have to powerflush, i would make a note of it as Roger said.

it should be flushed to BS something or other. which could mean one of three flushes including a powerflush. Put it all in writting to cover yourself. They will be phoning you back soon anyway if the pipe is ready to pin hole powerflush or not it will go sooner rather than later.

There's nothing on the benchmark or in BS that states a powerflush must be carried out. Chemical then mains flush is usually sufficient, but on a system that clearly has issues anyway, getting it cleaned out properly would prob be the best solution.

Hope you fitted a Magnaclean

Whether you powerflush or not, it sounds as if the system will start breaking down in the near future.

To cover yourself I suggest you make them aware in writing that the system is in a bad state, and if it's a job you might want, give them a price for putting the system back in good order - a written estimate would help to clarify the issues more specifically (whether they get you to do the work or not).

You may only have contracted to fit a boiler, but it could be deemed negligent not to inform them fully of defects you have found while working on the system, so make sure it's in writing to avoid any chance of "confusion" later on (such as when the carpets are under water). As part of giving notice on the system you can advise on the possible consequences of powerflushing, and give your opinion on the best course of action.

All the balls will then be in their court, and if they want you to leave the system in a bad way then you will be fully covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to powerflush question what would you guys do in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock