Search the forum,

Discuss Powerflush and airlock issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I am a home owner and after some advice on powerflush and airlock issue.

Recently I found most of radiators bottom not warm enough in my bungalow, then a plumber was called in, he tried chemical flush for few weeks but no effect. He then did a powerflush. 2 days later, the heating has not improved but getting worse. The plumber came back and found out the return pipe is cold (It should be hot). He said there is airlock in the system and he suggested fit air vents at my cost to remove airlock.

My questions:

(1) is airlock getting into the system as direct result of powerflush?

(2) is the plumber responsible for remove airlock as part of powerflush and remove airlock free of charge?

(3) the plumber does not attempt to remove airlock by other methods, but prefer to fit air vents at home owner's cost, is it correct procedure?

(4) Is the plumber's fault not to pick up cold return pipe on the day he did powerflush?

Thank you in advance.

Henry

Last edited:
1. Maybe, maybe not.
2. Yes.
3. Can't double guess. I wouldn't have.
4. Was there a question in there.

What did you pay for these services?

I meant yes he should remove airlock. However this may be chargeable if he has had to do additional works due to a poor design or installation.

Third time lucky. How much did you pay for these services???

Reply to Powerflush and airlock issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock