Search the forum,

Discuss Power tools? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Where do most of you buy your power tool gear?

Where ever the best deals are Macka . Ebays good for a deal or 2 .

I know but it's the trusting there legit that's what bothers me. I'd like warranty.

Just remember Macka just because it's ebay doesn't neccassarily mean it's second hand, all I buy are brand new from companies selling on eBay and all come with the normal warranty,

Just remember Macka just because it's ebay doesn't neccassarily mean it's second hand, all I buy are brand new from companies selling on eBay and all come with the normal warranty,

Use the ask a question option to check this before buying and keep the reply incase the warranty doesn`t arrive. Not everything you get on fleabay is as described.

As said where ever the best deal is,
I normally use Screwfix or tools station as I know I can just go in and pick it up that day or next day and it's easy if anything missing or broken/brakes

Been buying on eBay for years but try to stay away from people as I tend to buy off companies who simply use eBay as a selling point, I've had some great deals , some companies I'm a regular too, like folkstonne fixings and transtools, if anything goes wrong ebay WILL always pay u and honour your buy, had couple of dealings with pure fannys and ebay always paid me back,

think you need to know what you want and then shop around ITS toolstation poofix etc

Would you all say the Dewalts carry more oomph than the makita 18v???

dewalt and makita are much of the same.
they get the job done and are priced fairly well.

you can start paying a premium and going for panasonic, milwakee or hilti.

although i noticed tool station are doing some nice deals on milwaukee, as are plumb centre

Would you all say the Dewalts carry more oomph than the makita 18v???

As with anything theres all pros and cons
If you buy a middle/top of the rang drill brand shouldn't make to much difference

Where as I've got the original battery dewalt 18v ÂŁ100 and my boss has got the Li-on Makita ÂŁ100
There much the same although I've always found the Makita chuch slackens off when the drill gets a good bit of use/age

I'm thinking about renting some of my power tools from hilti.

Expensive! Guess it is okay for the big companies, where they can see the costs & not pay out thousands all at once, plus servicing, replacements all in the cost. But you are buying the tools a few times over.

use a local powertools
CNS Powertools
always great service.
and will match/beat other prices

Just buy the best you can afford pal, build up slowly ....unless you have money to burn.

Buy off ebay but if you can pay cash on collection go with that. Its just a case of keeping your search at a local distance or up to x amount of miles you want to travel. That way you can see the tools in person.

Any recommendations for a twin pack? Combi drill with impact driver? 18v

I usually work out what I want and then just go to the cheapest place I can find.

I find the working out what I want the hardest bit, it took me about 3 weeks to decide what drill I wanted, another 4 to decide what saw I wanted, I just kept changing my mind.

I've bought tools before in a rush and I've always bought the wrong one.

At work we use makita 18v but they don't seem to be as powerful as the Dewalt

Hilti are worth taking a look at. You will get them at a deal price & probably a few things thrown in. Trouble is, as with any top of the range tools, they just have "steal me " wrote all over them!
Millwaukee also do seem very nice. You could also take a look at Metabo, which are decent.

Last edited:
I've got ÂŁ450 and the only power tool I own is a Bosch sds drill

Your ÂŁ450 will get you top of the ranges combi & impact kit.
Millwaukee Fuel kit (it is brushless - lighter, more powerful, uses less power, long life motor) is about ÂŁ450 inc vat.
Hilti kit is actually 22 volt & is probably about the same cost if you go to a Hilti shop or rep.

I've got the dewalt DCK250D2 brushless combi drill and brushless impact driver 2x2amp batteries, had makita before which last ages and got a lot of abuse but I find the dewalt a lot better especially on hammer.

Yer I noticed the difference in hammer between the 2. I would like 4amh batteries.

I've got to get a couple of 4amps as I've got other tools in the range and they eat up the 2amps to quickly. You can get that kit with 4amp batteries aswell

Last edited:
The new makita combi drill throws out a massive 105nm of torque wich is biggest in range the new compact impact driver also is highest rpm in its class and all new makita gear has overload protection similar to milwaukee redlink all be it not quite as good. New milwaukee fuel combi drill hasn't got good reviews with many former usesrs wishing they kept the old combi drill.

hang on a minute I'll go find the makita kit and link it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power tools? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock