Search the forum,

Discuss Power flushing and drainage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hello everyone

What level have you got to be in order to carry out power flushing have you got to be level 3 ?

And also interested in unblocking drains what is the best route to go ?

Are you asking for unblocking your own drains and doing your own powerflush or are you looking at setting up a company to only offer these services?

Because I’m in the middle of doing my nvq level 2 ivevdone my level 1 and deploma level 2
Just wondering if when I go self employed if I will be qualified enough to do power flushing

Just experience, if you haven't done anything with it before then you could look at some courses, I haven't done one myself but I'm sure kamco may offer training courses. And as Riley said, get insurance.
As for drains, unless you want to go into commercial then a set of rods and some gauntlets should be all you need. Just learn about different systems so you don't end up charging a customer for works they could get free from the local authority.

Yeah, Kamco does do courses. It's not that complicated to PF, just tiring, and I suppose experience will show you the easiest ways of doing things and what snags you might come across.
It's not that complicated but we've all heard of that one guy who forgot to cap the vent pipe :D

Reply to Power flushing and drainage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had a quote for a new boiler installation. Quote said... Power Flush require and install new boiler, ==== After the boiler was started, it was making horrible noises == I mentioned this and sent an audio recording to the company. ==== Said that is normal boiler noise even though it shakes the...
Replies
Views
My Mother-in-law was quoted £1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4 radiators need to be upgraded to doubles, would this need to be done if they are drained off and replaced? How does one actually know it needs a power...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question on flush pressure. When I press the bigger button, there's hardly a flush. I understand that's normal but it's a very minimal flush. And then the smaller button is quite hard to press and I think doesn't do a full flush either. So when I flush I press both and it works...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low level of water in the cistern, I flushed a couple of times. Then I let go of the float ball and the cistern was filled. I didn't do or change...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock