Search the forum,

Discuss Power flush Machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I need a recommendation for a power flush machine but one I don't need to remortgage for..??

Rent one.

Even if you end up buying one, rent one for the first few jobs. Change hire companies, that way you can try out different machines, and if you end up buying, at least you will have some experience of what you are buying.

+1 As Above

Besides its mega money to buy one thats any good from my research.

Just wondering.... Who's hired pf before & what was the hire rate? Any good recommendations of hire companies,( Or any one got a spare pf they might loan me for a week) ha

I get pf from two local Merch - one charges ÂŁ60+vat and most of the machines are OK Kamco
The other charges ÂŁ80+v but gives you free chemical cleaner, the big bottle that needs neutralising after and they're fernox machines . Both ok but I have had once or twice a machine not working properly- no dump and pump seemed worn out... Can't stand power flushing as a result.

Just invest straight into your own machine... As that's what it is an investment!

Rented ones won't be looked after, abused etc with washers missing...

I'd recommend a Kamco unit with Magnaclean filters...

What I did was to book in enough PF jobs to cover cost of unit B4 I bought it, If you have an account with Plumb Centre they used to deal with kamco, then you have extra time to pay for it, Had mine for about 15 years still going strong and parts still available.

Just invest straight into your own machine... As that's what it is an investment!

Rented ones won't be looked after, abused etc with washers missing...

I'd recommend a Kamco unit with Magnaclean filters...

Whoa ÂŁ825 for the entry level unit ... Hmmm might have to rethink this purchase

If bits are missing off a rented unit or doesn't work properly then get your money back.

i think what Joe mentioned about making sure you have enough flushing work booked in or you have a demand for it may help.

Also worth keeping an eye on flea bay as some bargins do come up from time to time.

I don't trust eBay or expensive tools like that - id rather buy new

Got my Kamco kit off eBay about 5 years ago complete with Magnaclean filters etc for a good price off a retiring engineer...

I was lucky it was nearby as I could go & see the pump working first etc...

Whoa ÂŁ825 for the entry level unit ... Hmmm might have to rethink this purchase

2 jobs and it's paid for... How many other tools can you say this about?

It's a one off purchase too as the pump will do many a flush of looked after!

2 jobs and it's paid for... How many other tools can you say this about?

It's a one off purchase too as the pump will do many a flush of looked after!

I spose... Think I'll wait til I get more private clients then invest

I need a recommendation for a power flush machine but one I don't need to remortgage for..??

dont bother,had one,was pants,go see Ray and buy a magnacleanse flusher,they are more effective if used with chemicals first

Just wondering.... Who's hired pf before & what was the hire rate? Any good recommendations of hire companies,( Or any one got a spare pf they might loan me for a week) ha

We don't publish prices on those parts of the forum that are visible to the general public, but if you are a genuine tradesman, nip into your nearest Williams & Co for a good deal on powerflush hire.

I spose... Think I'll wait til I get more private clients then invest

Jay in the meanwhile if you want to try out a Kamco (the best kit in my opinion) you're welcome to borrow mine.

I know they're a lot of money but my machine paid for itself in 3 jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont bother,had one,was pants,go see Ray and buy a magnacleanse flusher,they are more effective if used with chemicals first

Not often I find myslef disagreeing with you Mark, but I have to say the turbulent flow and high flow rate you can get with a reversible machine is a million times better than the boiler's own circulator.

Although Magnacleanse are good, they will only pick up what the pump pushes around. Which isn't an awful lot!

Not often I find myslef disagreeing with you Mark, but I have to say the turbulent flow and high flow rate you can get with a reversible machine is a million times better than the boiler's own circulator.

Although Magnacleanse are good, they will only pick up what the pump pushes around. Which isn't an awful lot!

could just be my machine is tat

Plus you have to fit a Magnaclean to join the device onto... It's all just a Magnaclean money spinner... I'd much prefer to use my magnets with the powerflush device...

You can't expect a 15/50 to pick up & push the same amount of crud to the magnets... Not to mention the change of flow direction & ability to dump old water & fill with fresh mains water

Jay in the meanwhile if you want to try out a Kamco (the best kit in my opinion) you're welcome to borrow mine.

Aw cheers Mas!!! When I get a flush job I'll let you know. Thanks so much!!

The cheapest place I found this was here, for ÂŁ912. Is this a good price? The spec looks good for what I'd need it for, can do up to 25 rads.
http://www.plumbingandheatinguk.com/KAMCO/Clearflow-CF30-Classic.html

Was also looking to get this at the same time, is it worth it?
http://www.plumbingandheatinguk.com/KAMCO/Kamco-CombiMag.html

Last edited:
The cheapest place I found this was here, for ÂŁ912. Is this a good price? The spec looks good for what I'd need it for, can do up to 25 rads.
http://www.plumbingandheatinguk.com/KAMCO/Clearflow-CF30-Classic.html

Was also looking to get this at the same time, is it worth it?
http://www.plumbingandheatinguk.com/KAMCO/Kamco-CombiMag.html

Definitely worth getting the Combimag. It pulls ferrous oxide particles out of the water, so they don't just get pushed round and round. Makes the job quicker and more thorough. Also great for showing the customer - it really impresses them when you've pulled a couple of kilos or more of crud out of their system.

Not sure about the prices - it's been ages since I bought mine. Have you phoned Kamco for a price? They sell direct as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely worth getting the Combimag. It pulls ferrous oxide particles out of the water, so they don't just get pushed round and round. Makes the job quicker and more thorough. Also great for showing the customer - it really impresses them when you've pulled a couple of kilos or more of crud out of their system.

Not sure about the prices - it's been ages since I bought mine. Have you looked at Kamco's website? They sell direct as well.

think the big mag that ray sells is cheaper than that

Not sure about the prices - it's been ages since I bought mine. Have you phoned Kamco for a price? They sell direct as well.

No I didn't call them, didn't realise they sell direct. Never mind. To be honest, I doubt I'll do much flushing to start with anyway so this one will be suitable for now. But I deffo want to get either a magnacleanse or a combimag as well - the fact it cuts time down is a bonus!!!

how much ? you got an account with rays?

Yeah I have but I was talking about the combimag. Haven't looked at the magnacleans yet. Will do in a min - maybe see if Ray can get me a price ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power flush Machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock