Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Suprima 80HE showing no power but working intermittently in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Not sure if in exactly the right forum but someone can point me in the right direction.

Have the boiler mentioned in the title. Had an issue a week ago, boiler showing as if no power reaching the boiler, but checked and power reaching boiler fine. Had previous heating engineer replace parts for fun and have spare pcb, so changed and had same issue. Noticed that condensate tank was full on one side so drained. About 30 mins later everything came to life and worked for the week with no issues.
Got home this evening and having same problem.
Read on another page but now cannot find again that as a test try disconnecting from PCB the gas valve cables , tried and boiler came to life but obviously could not fire properly due to no gas. Does this mean issue with gas valve preventing power running round boiler correctly or could it be a symptom of fault elsewhere.
Just don't want another engineer coming in just replacing parts and not diagnosing straight off. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sorry to say unless your gas safe you can't fault find or replace parts especially the pcb as it controls everything and needs to be set up correctly

Don’t wanna come across negative mate but read forum rules,your not going to get any advice on fixing it yourself unless your GSR an can prove it (assuming your not,that’s why you have asked here) All I can say is get a different local guy in(plenty of websites which people can post reviews of tradesman now)post in the “find an engineer” section or whatever it’s called. Even removing the trap an draining that is a bit naughty as it forms part of the case seal...like I say don’t take my reply the wrong way,it’s just things could go the wrong way reading about boiler repairs online ;)

*an Shaun types a lot faster than I,but I am outside freezing so me old fingers are a bit slow :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Suprima 80HE showing no power but working intermittently in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock