Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Promax leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Everyone,

I have found a leak on the potterton promax system heat exchanger on top left hand side from a nipple held on by clip, believe it most likely o-ring gone, but i cant find the part anywhere in manual.

I have attached a picture hope someone on here can identify the part?

Thanks

potterton promax leaking .JPG

Hi DGT,

I couldn't see exactly what it was as right at the back, but it has auto air vent on pump. the part isn't on the schematics

It looks like it could be the link pipe to the auto air vent for the heat exchanger. It's probably going to be a generic 'O' that fits multiple parts. Best thing to do is give Baxi Potterton a call.

its part of the heat exchanger isnt it possibly just a blanking disc, but nothing shows on the instructions. you will have to speak to potterton

Blanking disc normally fits an auto air vent

You can change it for an auto air vent

thanks everyone, i will try calling up tomorrow to make sure i go with correct part as bit out of the way dont want to get half way through to find out i have incorrect part.

Appreciate all the help

You need to replace the o ring in the heat exchanger. It’s an easy fix. You need part no 248044 I think it’s not on the manual.

Reply to Potterton Promax leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock