Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Potterton Prima F40 fan slow in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Neil Harvey

Neil Harvey New Member

Just recently my Potterton Prima F40 boiler failed to start in the morning but had been running fine up to then. I noticed a humming rather than the usual fan sound and suspected a fan problem. On inspection I saw that the fan was turning but not very fast and gently tapped the motor with a screwdriver. The fan then increased in speed and the boiler lit. During the day the boiler works fine but it appears that the problem occurs when the boiler gets cold overnight. Before going to the expense of a fan replacement is there anything that can be done to free up the motor - maybe lubricate the bearings?
    Many thanks

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Best get a gas safe engy out

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Neil Harvey

Neil Harvey New Member

Thanks Shaun. I was wondering if that would be the best option.

• Winner Winner x 1