Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Kingfisher Mf RSL100 replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan-HybridHeat

Gas Engineer
Hi all

I have a customer wanting her Potterton Kingfisher replaced with a floor standing Worcester CDI regular - pretty much like for like. The whole system is very old but she doesn't want to spend any money on it apart from changing the boiler hence the straight swap.

The only minor issue I have is that the current Potterton has a pumped flow, pumped return and a gravity return going in to it and the CDI obviously only has one flow and one return tapping. Am I able to link the gravity return straight in to the pumped return and the system work as it has been or will I need to upgrade other parts of the system to make it suit the new boiler?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

your going to have to make it a pumped system

link all the returns in the correct order together (3 t rule)
link all the flows together and install new port valves
etc

Reply to Potterton Kingfisher Mf RSL100 replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock