Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Potterton 24 he eco leak in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Paul_J

Paul_J New Member

Hi,

Cam home from holiday today to find water dripping from the join between the inner metal door (the one with the window) and the frame along the bottom.

I had only been away a few days but had left the thermostat very low so heating prob didn't come on and the weather has got quite cold.

The system had also lost pressure so i pressurised the system and have been running it as normal for around 8 hours . Absolutely no sign of a leak.

At first I thought heat exchanger but wouldn't this leak more if it had a hole when I increased the pressure?

Could it be something simple like a weak seal that when cold it failing?

Obviously inknownincant take that inner door but was just concerned blmy boiler might be written off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

only way you going to know is to get a gas safe engy out to inspect

• Like Like x 1