Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Possible Career Change info needed in the Plumbing Courses area at

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electronurd

    Electronurd Member

    Hi all,

    I'm currently looking at a number of industries for a potential career change. I love plumbing and working with my hands ever since i was a kid. Stuck behind a desk these days and would love to know more about plumbing.

    If I wanted to get qualified with both water and gas where would I start please? what would i need to search for in local course providers? My fear is going on a course and wasting time getting something that isn't useful.

    Any help much appreciated.
  2. townfanjon

    townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

    This one comes up regularly on here .
    Try go down the college route rather than the pathetic online type courses that take your money and promise you the world .
  3. Electronurd

    Electronurd Member

    Thanks for the reply. I was wondering which qualification it was to get a foot in the door?
  4. rpm

    rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

    The one marked Experience, without that you`re facing an uphill struggle.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. townfanjon

    townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

    Colleges go down the city and guilds route for college based theory and practical , but you also need the NVQ qualifications to run along side the c and g , the NVQ is more work / site based .
Similar Threads - Possible Career Change Forum Date
Possible circulation problem with a combi in a flat Central Heating Forum Oct 28, 2018
Possible missing Air Admittance Valve? Valves & Taps Sep 25, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.