Search the forum,

Discuss Poor Pressure Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi.

I have two bathrooms at home, both upstairs but one has an issue with water pressure whilst the other is fine. Both bathrooms were newly fitted just before I moved in a year ago, but I believe the previous owner did this himself (he was a painter/decorator so naturally thought this qualified him to do anything). The bathroom with the problem has two sinks side-by-side, both with mixer taps and from what little I can see underneath (because the bathroom is fully tiled) the supply is via hoses rather than rigid pipework. In the loft is a tank and a pump with what looks like a totally illogical spaghetti junction of connecting hoses. When either tap is used on it's own the water trickles out (on full cold or full hot and every setting in between), but when the other tap is then used at the same time the pressure increases to an acceptable level. If I then turn the second tap off again, the pressure stays acceptable on the first tap. Occasionally, when a tap is used it fluctuates between acceptable and low pressure, probably about once per second but this is uncommon. The pump in the loft can be heard 'switching' when it does this. The toilet and bath/shower in this bathroom are fine. The other bathroom upstairs also uses the same pump and the pressure in that sink, shower and toilet are all fine. It just seems to be restricted to these side-by-side sinks!

Is there anything I can try either with the pump or the taps to see if there is a simple solution to this problem? I really don't want to go ripping tiles off the wall if at all possible!:eek:

As Simon said, pics will help, but check the hoses underneath, make sure there are no kinks in them, and also check the filter on the tap outlet, could be the one with poor flow is bunged up with deposits from the pipe etc.

Hi.

I have two bathrooms at home, both upstairs but one has an issue with water pressure whilst the other is fine. Both bathrooms were newly fitted just before I moved in a year ago, but I believe the previous owner did this himself (he was a painter/decorator so naturally thought this qualified him to do anything). The bathroom with the problem has two sinks side-by-side, both with mixer taps and from what little I can see underneath (because the bathroom is fully tiled) the supply is via hoses rather than rigid pipework. In the loft is a tank and a pump with what looks like a totally illogical spaghetti junction of connecting hoses. When either tap is used on it's own the water trickles out (on full cold or full hot and every setting in between), but when the other tap is then used at the same time the pressure increases to an acceptable level. If I then turn the second tap off again, the pressure stays acceptable on the first tap. Occasionally, when a tap is used it fluctuates between acceptable and low pressure, probably about once per second but this is uncommon. The pump in the loft can be heard 'switching' when it does this. The toilet and bath/shower in this bathroom are fine. The other bathroom upstairs also uses the same pump and the pressure in that sink, shower and toilet are all fine. It just seems to be restricted to these side-by-side sinks!

Is there anything I can try either with the pump or the taps to see if there is a simple solution to this problem? I really don't want to go ripping tiles off the wall if at all possible!:eek:
Some new taps come with an insert to reduce pressure maybe the installer left them in when they are meant to be used on mains flow only
centralheatking

Reply to Poor Pressure Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock