Search the forum,

Discuss Poor pressure on combo hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I had a plumber in to change a basin and thermostatic shower in my bathroom, the flow coming out of my hot basin tap is poor but the water is hot!!! (Previously it was good) and the shower is hot for about 15 seconds then goes cold , the pipework is all correctly installed as he showed me before where he marked the pipes hot and cold, then showed me after he installed that hot was to hot and cold to cold , can anyone shed any ideas as to what the problem could be please

A simple explanation would be that a/the stopcock was not re-opened fully after it was closed to do the work. (Stopcocks should normally be fully opened and then closed by between 1/4 and 1/2 turn to prevent seizing.)

If this isn't the explanation, can you provide some more details about the installation (tank or no tank, vented or unvented, electric or mixer shower, etc.) and some photos of the plumbing, please? What about the other taps in the house, how are they working?

He installed a new basin so did he re-use the same taps and now they're not performing as good? Or has he installed a new tap that doesn't have as much flow as the previous tap?
As for the shower, if it's only getting hot for 15 seconds this could be caused by unequal pressures, some showers are more sensitive to this than others so while your old one ran fine, your new one might not. As chuck mentioned, we need to know more about the installation. Combi, tank or unvented?
Your title says combo hot water so if this means your on a combi, your hot and cold water pressures aren't equal, showers that require balanced feeds will supply different restrictive filters which you place in cold feed to the shower, the instructions state which filter to use depending on the kw rating of the combi, if this hasn't been done then it could explain the issue your having.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Poor pressure on combo hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock