Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Polyplumb elbow to a polyplumb tee in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. geordieboy

geordieboy New Member

Can I do a straight swap with a polyplumb elbow fir a polyplumb equal tee in order to extend the heating system

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I would want a swept tee and 15mm pipes for that. Not sure poly do a swept tee. If you decide to go ahead make sure to use inserts.

3. geordieboy

geordieboy New Member

Its
    It's on 22mm because it has to feed another 6 radiators .My problem is whether I would have to cut the pipe for the new equal tee to have a secure fix on the pipe

4. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Not sure if I’m honest as I never use poly.

5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yes but you need to make sure your not over taxing the system adding x amount when the system is designed for a lower kw etc

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Active Member

In terms of connecting bits of pipe together yes you can swap the elbow for a tee, however plumbing is not merely connecting bits of pipe together - at least it shouldn't be..