Search the forum,

Discuss Poc analysis on cookers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Rubin

Gas Engineer
Hello everyone
This is my first post. Some clarification would be much appreciated. Usually when I conduct a cp12 or install a new free standing cooker as part of my checks I use my analyser to check the co/co2 ratios on the oven and grill if it’s gas. A fellow engineer has said that this isn’t neccassary as a gas rate and flame picture is enough. I also rang gas safe and they verified what my colleague told me , that it’s not compulsory to use the analyser on a cooker as long as the gas rate and flame picture are fine and the m.i doesn’t state it.

Does anyone else use the analyser when commissioning or testing cookers ?

Last edited:
The guy from gas safe seemed slightly unsure , he said back in my day we didn’t do it, but he said that’s as far as I know . So I wanted to be certain

Ok thanks, I forgot to mention gas safe told me to only use the analyser on the cooker if you can see a lazy yellow flame and it’s obvious your not getting proper combustion from the cooker. I’ll just do a gas rate and flame picture in future if that’s the case.

Was told on my inspection that either a gas rate or cpa check will do. They still want you to know how to do both though.

Ovens and grills not hobs
Ps Rubin if you are gas safe send images of the front and the back of your card to @ShaunCorbs @Harvest Fields or @Riley and we will arrange acces for you to the gas safe only forum where conversations like this can be discussed as well as breakdowns fixes and regs etc also get your posts up a bit

Ok thank you very much, I did enter it when I signed up but I will do that as well
Thanks again

The number doesn’t really prove much other than someone can navigate the gas safe site. Seeing the physical card means we are hopefully at least dealing with the real person

The number doesn’t really prove much other than someone can navigate the gas safe site. Seeing the physical card means we are hopefully at least dealing with the real person

Yes that makes sense, I’ll do that then thanks

You can test the ratio on a flueless fire. There is a tolerable level as with boilers

They have tolerances for ovens and grills as well as far as I’m aware , 0.008 for ovens and 0.010 for cooker grills providing they hold a ce mark and as Riley said flueless fires 0.001

I always take a POC Analysis Test on cookers/grills/ovens where possible. I've attached readings that are expected.

20190406_143345.jpg

Can there seriously be people out there now that haven’t done CpA1 now on reassessment?

Reply to Poc analysis on cookers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock