Search the forum,

Discuss Plume kit installation query? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys. I’m only qualified on natural gas but I believe I’ve been booked to do a plume kit on an lpg boiler. Am I right to say I’m not qualified to do so?

correct not qualified so best say no

Checking is safe before and after install

So burner pressure/ inlet
Fga etc

I would check the whole thing over (especially if new to me), FGA, inlet pressure, air intake readings, check safety devices, seals, operation, you know a safety check. TT is also good, helps me sleep at night. Get the gas safe booklets (B&Q sell them) they are idiot proof and if you fill in all the blanks you will be belts and braces.

Also leaves a paper trail that you checked all these things and it was safe at the time of you checking it over.

That’s what I ended up with chaps. It was a Nat gas boiler which my boss serviced a couple of weeks ago. I still checkecked everything though.

FCEA3927-12DE-4086-A955-D4D8D0E29E6F.jpeg

What’s the reason why it needs a plumb ?

Just googled, and this is what I found, yet when you look at the standard flue terminal locations, I’ve never seen it state any distance diagonally from any openings etc - always learning in this trade :rolleyes: and always need to follow MI’s.

84AB9B40-08BC-484E-A1B5-48CE63196AA8.jpeg

i would say 300mm

as its above the window and with Worcester you can put the 45 degree attachment on

i would say 300mm

as its above the window and with Worcester you can put the 45 degree attachment on

Would the 45 deg be enough for the back door as well? I’d have used it just for that alone, customers always saying to me they can smell “gas” if no plume kit, I even had one yesterday saying they could smell gas outside when running the tap and it already had a plume kit on :eek:

i would say so its one of them

also i dont see how they could smell gas prob burning smell

I don’t think I would have picked up on it. It was the boss servicing it. I think it was 450mm to the window diagonally. It’s a Worcester 18ri. Am I misreading the mi’s on the plume kit. It has to be a minimum of 500mm from flue outlet to plume terminal?

Reply to Plume kit installation query? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone. The flue from my glowworm CXi boiler sticks out the side wall of our house in front of the kitchen window. It's around a metre away so isn't a safety issue, but it's a bit annoying all the same as it's directly in the line of sight. A bit of research suggests that a 'plume...
Replies
Views
I’m trying to fix a leaking tap in my kitchen. I’ve located where the grub screw should be but it’s just an empty hole. I’m looking at it with a mirror and I can see the screw rails on the inside of the hole and at the bottom of the hole a little copper dot. I’m in a new build and this is the...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Hi guys, Thought it time to post a quick introduction. I am a qualified Electrician of 15 years and have recently embarked on the refurbishment of my new home. I have done bits of plumbing previously however I have now decided to tackle a full central heating install (leaving the the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Wondering if someone can give me some advice.... Recently removed a healthy 30CDi Natural gas from a house and put it into my caravan... Obtained correct conversion kit from worcester which was just a chip.. I replaced the existing chip for new, adjusted air/ratio as instructed. Turned...
Replies
Views
A
Thought I’d divert from hijacking the other thread 😁 I quite often fit class 2 wireless thermostats, sometimes battery thermostats (so just live and switched), and often Honeywell T6360 thermostats. Questions if I may? (Can’t remember if I’ve asked on here before) On the class 2 wireless...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock