Search the forum,

Discuss plumbing partner required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vetpat29

Hi all,

My names John and im a self employed plumber. Having worked on my own now for the last 3 months.

I have worked for free part time with an experanced plumber for the past 2 years.

Im just coming to the end of my tech cert level 3.

I have a wife that has her own marketing company so the work comes in.

However some of the work i get in requires boiler installation, unvented system installs etc.

Im currently looking for a plumber to help with these installations and perhaps gain some experiance along the way.

Im working in the buckinghamshire area. But am also willing to travel.

cheers

John

Hi

are you looking for a fully qualified plumber or just someone that is looking to gain experince doing this kind of work..

Hi John,

have you had any joy in the search for a plumbing partner? i am a fully qual & exp engineer looking to share the load and grow something to be proud of, but lack the necessary marketing skills.

I was once told that a partnership is a ship that doesn't sail.
I tried it once and never was there a truer saying.

maybe the captain of that ship had a big ego. I have worked alone for 15 of my 25 years and although the profit is 100% pocketed it is not worth 50% of a larger share and a collective worth and shared vision. It's good to get on.

A good partner is hard to find but when you have 1 it is so much easier,you only get half the money but you only get half the stress,plus you have the extra brain,eyes and can have a crack to get you through the day

A greedy partner will cause you problems

Last edited by a moderator:
I've known many partnerships to fail, mainly due to unforeseen issues. All it takes is for one half of the partnership to experience personal problems, e.g marriage break ups, health problems etc. and the other partner finds himself doing the work of two. Resentment builds up, followed by dissolving of the partnership.

Also friends and business doesn't make a good mix either.

cheers guys you both give stout council. Its like this - eventually you reach a point where you have fit a hundred good boilers, scores of wonderful wet rooms and thousand rubber freebies from merchant training days, then the cloud rises and a ray of sunshine pierces through the broken sun visor of another 3 year old van when the urge gets so strong to want to share the knowledge and earn well with a kindered soul.

maybe the captain of that ship had a big ego. I have worked alone for 15 of my 25 years and although the profit is 100% pocketed it is not worth 50% of a larger share and a collective worth and shared vision. It's good to get on.

Do you reckon?
It has many more downsides than up and is never an equal playing field. If you need or want to expand raise the capital elsewhere and if you need the experienced staff, hire them.

Do you reckon?
It has many more downsides than up and is never an equal playing field. If you need or want to expand raise the capital elsewhere and if you need the experienced staff, hire them.

Sage advice!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

One thing I've noticed about plumbing and plumbers in general, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Take what you have, build on it, improve it and make it work.....by yourself, then you have all the satisfaction when it succeeds and you're not answerable to anyone but yourself.

i just think everybody is naturally cagey, and cards kept close to the chest. It is a good industry to earn real money and i have been in it all my working life, one has to acknowledge failings and although i can do most jobs well and to budget in a managed time frame, this is natural for me, but in this fast moving viral communitive world those craft skills are only equally as important as good marketing and a front seat on the social media locomotive.

Dave, while many spend their hard earned cash on plumbing and gas courses, I thoroughly recommend a trip to your local college and enquire about a marketing course. Most have such courses in evening classes and once learned it will open up a whole new world to you. Much better than sharing your hard earned profits with someone else.

I am qualified in marketing as I once had a printing firm and this greatly helps me to get to where I want to be in my plumbing company.

Sounds like you just need a decent website on the first page of Google and not a partner.
My friend can help you drive a lot of business from this with no upfront cost and only a small monthly fee.

Pm me if interested and I'll send you a link to my website which is on Google first page for any plumbing related search in my area

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

thanks kay jay & system 3 you are both correct about the web presence and general marketing, which sea fairing, star gazing pilgrims only put 168 hours into the 7 day week?

n this fast moving viral communitive world those craft skills are only equally as important as good marketing and a front seat on the social media locomotive.
I'm out :lol:

i am a fully qual & exp engineer looking to share the load and grow something to be proud of, but lack the necessary marketing skills.

Look in your local nightclub or wine bar and if you are lucky you may find some marketing manager who might move in with you. It worked for me. Downside is she gave up her 70k/yr job to "help" me but she is a good cook so all in all i'm still well up on the deal :smile:

Do you reckon?

Never a truer word said !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbing partner required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock