Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing Academy in Kent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

futureplumber

Hello Everyone,

I am thinking of doing a 6129 technical certificate at the Plumbing Academy in Edenbridge as i really want to re-train and become a self employed plumber.

Has anyone done / doing a course here? Any opinions would be really helpful.

The course will cost me £5500 and take 3 months full time. I know this is a lot of money but it really is my only option of entering the plumbing world.

Thanks in advance

Matt

read some threads, could be a good way to go or may not, depends on you really

you say its your only option, have you checked any other colleges out?

thats why they can charge 5.5k, alot of money

The trouble is Fuzzy is that i'm 31 with a mortgage and family to support, i cant go to a normal college as they would require me to be working as a trainee plumber, cant afford to work for 2 years on £200 a week

Hi mate and welcome to the forums. If you go self employed like I did after a fast track you will not earn £200 a week for at least a year and it will cost you a lot more than five grand , more like £20000 to set up properly , and then you will be in competition with plumbers with twenty years on you . Sounds harsh but it is the reality and I only just scraped through my first two years, though now it is ok and I dont have a wife and kid to support. Pm me anytime for more info and good luck.

i know its hard but to get into the industry you have to take a step back to go two forward

It can be done bud , Maybe support it by doing another job for the first year or so like taxi driving.

many have taken to taxi driving to support a course, even people on prof studies, clerk of works etc

unliokely,
depends how you do it. 2 evenings at college of f.e. for £800 first year £700 second. s-emp p.time for a year gaining portfolio working for friends etc.
possible to do it for £2,500 all in and earning a little to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
come and work for me and i will pay u 5500 only thing is im in dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing Academy in Kent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock