Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbers trick to keep having to call back ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you DON'T use the immersion heater then?

Contact your landlord.

the immersion is only used when water is not hot and we want some without putting the boiler on, I am going to let the landlord know of course, but it is now Saturday night and I have had to keep mucking about with the timing/setting box to get it working just to get some hot water, they wont come out until Monday!

well they should do, it is classed as an emergency as you have no hot water, in your contract he has said he will provide, hot water i.e. and you are not responsible for this, so he has to pay for a plumber to come out. you cant go to work without washing can you?

well that I don't know, but there is an empty box in the airing cupboard, I gather that is what a new thermostat would have come in, usually when I change something old for new like that I would put the old one in the box to make sure all is left tidy, but the box was left along with a fuse, it is quite a long box with "must be fitted vertically" on it, so by looking, I would imagine it is the thermostat on the top that they say they have changed, wouldn't they have had to drain the tank to take one out of the bottom of the tank?

and then they will get an emergency callout for their troubles, even more money, no, i'd rather wait and do without then earn them more money. they have obviously caused inconvience already, another day isn't too long to wait, and I have got the hot water to work now anyway, by messing about with the setting box.

It's 22 hours since you started this thread and you haven't phoned the landlord yet!

no, but by the sounds of it they have changed the immersion heater (or at least pretended to) they would of had to drain part of the cylinder to do that. is the box brown and as long as your arm? does it say 27" on it?

and then they will get an emergency callout for their troubles, even more money, no, i'd rather wait and do without then earn them more money. they have obviously caused inconvience already, another day isn't too long to wait, and I have got the hot water to work now anyway, by messing about with the setting box.

and on monday they will take there time, perhaps even make it worse (if they are cowboys as you pressume) mess about in the loft for a couple hours and earn a lot more.
On a sunday they will be miffed to be away from the family, want to get home and do a proper job. then when they leave you tell the landlord your worries and landlord wont pay until he finds out the truth. atleast you are sorted and your worries have been passed on.

the box has on it" 18" RDT combined thermostat and safety cut out" it is quite a long white box and quite thin. I would rather have a good chat with the landlord, get someone else out to check and see what they think they have done, then get the same plumbers to return and catch them out red handed, I think that's the best result, so their bosses know exactly what is happening and so they in turn get some inconvenience back...hopefully the inconvenience of having to find another job!! That is of course if they have done something wrong..there is always the very slight chance of it happening all on its own isn't there..not!

You're really not a very trusting person are you. Have you been caught out before or did you get the Rough Traders DVD box set for Christmas?

What do you honestly think about it then? all is fine before visit, do work that is not needed or asked for, all is not working when you leave!!good well trained honest workmen, I don't think

To be honest it doesn't matter what you think. The contract of works is between the landlord and the tradesman. Contact the landlord.

have you ever arrived at the same sort of job, and proceeded to announce that your mate just has to go into the loft and take a photo of the water tank? has any plumber on here? anyone? ever?i'll have a big wager on the result of that question..

Closing this thread now. Insults are about to start flying.

As the op has been told time and time and time again, it is the landlords responsibility, not his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbers trick to keep having to call back ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock