Search the forum,

Discuss Plumber wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I class coming on the forums as work.

Im going to put my neck on the block here

i would be happy to take this up if i was within a reasonable distance.

providing it was set working hours, their responsibility and they supplied all the materials.

la la lame seems to think pricing yourself out of the market is good business acumen, He can't get a full years work and think's we should all do the same!! definitely la la

I think it's been an interesting (if not diverted) thread. At least some people have been candid and shown their hand regarding what they charge/earn.

Looks like I need to put my rates up!!

If you can get enough work at a high price then you wont have to work as many days, great if you can get the work and fair play to anyone who is doing that. That strategy wont work for everyone, I know a guy who does one or two boiler changes a week and earns a fortune doing so. He does a good job and gets recommendations even though he is very expensive, he only ever works 2-4 days a week.

ÂŁ160 a day isn't great money, but if you are struggling for work then its guaranteed money in the bank for a couple of weeks which can be very handy especially in summer when the work is a bit slower.

its more than i get subbying on a day rate for most local firms, but then theres a plumber in every street around my parts.

Whilst I agree with lame plumbers general idea I also think ÂŁ160 a day in Lincoln for sub contracting is actually more than the average. The work advertised is sub contracting and is for somebody whos struggling for work.
I used to work for 120 a day but was without my gas. We'd all like to be earning 80k a year but then if it was that easy, literally everybody would be doing it as opposed to one plumber living on every street!

seem to have got a fewof u thinking and if you gain out of this so much the better, those that think Im la la will have to put up with shelf stacking when its all to late

A few harsh comments here, I am on the side of not dropping your rates, and charging what you're worth, the rate quoted in the OP was fairly decent, it wasn't peanuts, and to re-iterate what has already been said to just turn up, graft, and go home, not too bad.

I work in North Wales and North West England, and I aim to earn ÂŁ200 a day for gas work, ÂŁ100-ÂŁ150 for plumbing work.

I have worked for as much as ÂŁ300 and as low as ÂŁ50 a day. If I am busy I charge what I am worth, and don't worry about losing the job to somebody else.

If I have nothing on, I can either a) bite my tongue and do the job for slightly less or b) lose the job and get into financial trouble. In this case I choose a). Work for slightly less.

I cannot stand people who use the recession to abuse workers. What has happened to workers rights nowadays? They seem to have gone completely out of the window and nobody bats an eyelid. The country is run by reptilian lizards from the lower 4th dimension!

I think that everyone has different circumstances & what one person needs to earn is different from the next ...I personally agree with lame on this,as at the moment I have lots of work I'm earning well & don't need to chase .....however I know very well that next year could be another story & at the end of the day I need to put food on the table so then ÂŁ160 might look attractive

The local council lads round here get ÂŁ11.96 plus incentive. I know some of you can earn more but ÂŁ160 a day to somebody will be a god send.

What does the JIB say a plumber should be paid?

Where is the OP?

They legged it 50 posts ago!!

Seriously these post should be locked as soon and no one allowed to reply if this is what they end up like . . .

I think it's a very interesting thread. If you can charge top whack and stay busy then good luck to you as long as your not ripping people off and your charges are clear from the start. I take home less than ÂŁ60 a day and I work hard for that. My boss is a multi millionaire and doing very nicely thank you.

I think it's a very interesting thread. If you can charge top whack and stay busy then good luck to you as long as your not ripping people off and your charges are clear from the start. I take home less than ÂŁ60 a day and I work hard for that. My boss is a multi millionaire and doing very nicely thank you.

What work are you doing for that foggy if you don't mind me asking?

Not many multi millionaire plumbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumber wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have approx 2 weeks work in kingston i need a qualified plumber to assist me with starting on the 30th may. must be self employed, own tools transport etc. good day rates paid. potential for more work after this job. please get in touch. Regards Alex
Replies
Views
A
Hi all I'm a limited company that's been running for 12 years and I have a lot of ongoing work, 99% commercial, and a lot of it plumbing, in London and the Southeast I'm looking for an experienced self employed engineer (or another ltd company like myself), own transport, tools etc. good rates...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have a single recirculation pump serving both of our homes. However, after the pump, the recirculation circuit splits into two separate branches, each...
Replies
Views
This sounds like an examination question but it really is a problem two different plumbers have been unable to resolve after spending several hours studying my hot water system. My flat has a vented hot water system supplying hot water to the kitchen and bathroom taps. The pump is a Stuart...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock