Search the forum,

Discuss Plumber wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KarlBrown

Hi

I have two full heating systems and a solar thermal system to install in two weeks time. Will pay £160 a day but you will need your own transport, the job is in Lincoln. I'm looking for a plumber to help with the install. If interested contact me by pm.

Kind regards

Karl

way below my getting out of bed fee, took me a while and cost me a lot to learn my trade so you need to pay for my help and others who have the skills and ability. What youll get for that is a bloke with a spanner. Also need it bit more lead time Im afraid

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I have two full heating systems and a solar thermal system to install in two weeks time. Will pay £160 a day but you will need your own transport, the job is in Lincoln. I'm looking for a plumber to help with the install. If interested contact me by pm.

Kind regards

Karl

What will your roll be in installing them? Will you also be getting £160?

oooooooooooooh he'll be paying the £10 -12 grand for the kit and get it all popped in for £1600 if he's lucky

He's offering work which is way above what you'd get working for an agency it might come in handy for someone so give him a brake you ungrateful gits

He's offering work which is way above what you'd get working for an agency it might come in handy for someone so give him a brake you ungrateful gits

Agreed. Try getting that money from anywhere else other than pricing up your own work.

Not ungrateful just annoyed that people dont value a plumbers skills anymore and are always trying to get someone to do it cheap. Can you survive on £160 a day I know my fixed costs and living expenses are higher than £160 a day, some people need a reality check!

If you are employed and this a nice little job on the side thats one thing, but if your like myself and 10000s of others it isnt realistic, labourers get £100 plus a day and havent any skills to speak of, its time some of you out there realised if you want to be working in 5 years time sensible charging is required of youll just be another shelf stacker in due course.

Not ungrateful just annoyed that people dont value a plumbers skills anymore and are always trying to get someone to do it cheap. Can you survive on £160 a day I know my fixed costs and living expenses are higher than £160 a day, some people need a reality check!

Your living expenses are based on your earnings! A gas fitter who earns £80 a day slinging Worcester's on the wall for helplink or the council would think £160 was a good rate.

But a gas fitter working for a company doesnt have any fixed costs to cover, so working for £160 for a cheapskate means that all those self employed engineers are having to fight for a living and cant ever undercut someone who is doing it for pocket money, or do you not understand what being self employed means?

Although I like your comment I do think the replies are reasonable ones.

I dont think the replies are reasonable if you do your own work then the rate is a bit low but for a subbie its the going rate the guy is offering work theres a lot on here that are struggling to find any work let alone at that rate. lameplumbers a fantasist who would like everyone to think he's earning top dollar but he seems to spend more time on here posting than working!

But a gas fitter working for a company doesnt have any fixed costs to cover, so working for £160 for a cheapskate means that all those self employed engineers are having to fight for a living and cant ever undercut someone who is doing it for pocket money, or do you not understand what being self employed means?

He's asking for a HELPER on a couple of big installs. Not exactly stealing anyone's bread and butter.

If I was giving some down and outer a hand by offering some work alongside me, it certainly wouldn't be any more than £160 lol.

thats two outside tap installs down here!
there abouts any way

Just driven back from the father in laws who's in Lincoln.

Seems a fair day rate for a subby to me. Don't see why people are getting hot under the collar. Turn up, do the work, and hold your hand out at the end of the week to get paid. Sounds a lot easier than the crap I have to put up with to earn a living. (pricing, invoicing, and chasing payment to name just three of those chores).

I dont think the replies are reasonable if you do your own work then the rate is a bit low but for a subbie its the going rate the guy is offering work theres a lot on here that are struggling to find any work let alone at that rate. lameplumbers a fantasist who would like everyone to think he's earning top dollar but he seems to spend more time on here posting than working!

Not fanatasist a realist, the problem with some folks is they dont research the going rate properly and work for a pitance and do themselves or others no favours at all. Please dont try and tell me or others what you think I earn, as youe no idea. All I am trying to do is get some people to realise they are worth so much more than they realise. One of the reasons I can spend a bit of time on here is that I dont need to work all the hours god gives you, think about it!

Not fanatasist a realist, the problem with some folks is they dont research the going rate properly and work for a pitance and do themselves or others no favours at all. Please dont try and tell me or others what you think I earn, as youe no idea. All I am trying to do is get some people to realise they are worth so much more than they realise. One of the reasons I can spend a bit of time on here is that I dont need to work all the hours god gives you, think about it!

Aah you overcharge then...:D

i certainly dont work for peanuts but i am not as dear as pimlico, but i do base my rates on their scale of charges and take some off as Im not London based, not sure if thats overcharging.

Eee im starting out, thats a blinding rate for me as my overheads are minimal.

I accepted a job for £150 a day a year or two back. 10 days later I was handed £1,500 and had used about £50 of materials and about £75 of fuel so was over £1.400 better off. And well chuffed. I had no worries about how the job was going, whether the customer would pay me, whether the job would be finished in time. I was asked to complete a few things by Wednesday afternoon, this by Thursday, etc.

£160 does not sound much but if someone's got the job for you, done all the marketing, taking the flak from the customer, sorting out supplies, liaising with other trades etc, £160 is a very fair wage.

i give up, i paid a brickie £150 a day 10 years ago to convert my flats with me, arent you better than brickies?

We're in a reccession LP, rates are going down not up.

My rates haven't changed in 3 years, yet materials get more expensive, as does food, and bills.

The hay days are behind us in my opinion, though I charge more than £160 a day, I think £800 a week for a subbie is pretty good. It's not like he said £110, or something daft.

if your going to survive you have to keep charging not dropping your rates, youll lose some but youll keep enough, old enough to have seen this before.

You and only you will know how good you (your firm) are. Chase it when you need to but don't drop to compete with idiots.

If people are happy to pay you at the higher end of the scale then you must be earning it.

This seems to be a one off job, not the regular workload you would need to consider doing the job for that rate. reading between the lines it seems the op may not have the paperwork to complete the jobs themselves, and need someone with the appropriate tickets, and if this is the case they are taking the mick. I think lame might be onto something with his pricing structure, but I cant see it working for me, I havent the balls to give it a try

before people shoot others about the price they are offering they should be honest about the amount they charge per day, there is far too many people shooting others down for the prices they offer but nobody will post what there day rate is....

It can be a race to the bottom, we do not have to take part. However some of us are often in situations where the need to keep up with our obligations meaning in the absence of other work then occasionally we accept work at a lower rate. The OP's offer for hassle free cash to me after a long time self employed does not seem too generous but at times I would have bitten his hand off. I don't think we can be too pious on rates IMHO...signing off

before people shoot others about the price they are offering they should be honest about the amount they charge per day, there is far too many people shooting others down for the prices they offer but nobody will post what there day rate is....

£300..

300 plus vat per day me and my apprentice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumber wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock