Search the forum,

Discuss Plumb Force Direct, London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aqua Mechanica

Has anyone ever worked for these? They have sent me an application pack to join but I have a little alarm bell ringing in my head and i can't put my finger on it. if you've worked for them or still do, please let me know if it is a wise choice to join them.

Plumber London | Plumbforce Direct

Thank you

Ben

It is sub contract but all they supply is the leads and the company name for reputation.

There is no depot, just an office?

For materials, you buy them and then they reimburse you.

I thought they might operate like Pimlico Plumbers but Pimlico have a deopt and materials I think??

What's their commission,???,how long do have to wait for payment??

I'll Bet its a flat rate for 24hr call out service. They' might use you to service their contracts when their "full time" plumbers can't or won't do it.

You're right to be careful.

As far as i am aware, the charge to the customer is £75 an hour and I get 50% of that. They told me that they do my tax but was a little scepticle when they said 25% income tax.

It seems that I am responsible for everything apart from obtaining customers and providing a positive brand name.

I have read the contract and its well written as that if anything remotely cocks up that the blame is solely and squarely pinned on me.

But, times are hard, there is not alot of work out there, even though I hear it is picking up a little.

After working at the last place and being knocked for a large sum of money, I am very cautious.

As far as i am aware, the charge to the customer is £75 an hour and I get 50% of that. They told me that they do my tax but was a little scepticle when they said 25% income tax.

It seems that I am responsible for everything apart from obtaining customers and providing a positive brand name.

I have read the contract and its well written as that if anything remotely cocks up that the blame is solely and squarely pinned on me.

But, times are hard, there is not alot of work out there, even though I hear it is picking up a little.

After working at the last place and being knocked for a large sum of money, I am very cautious.
i did some of this about 29 years ago its ok if you can hang the jobs out and make big money for them as they hand out the work to the high earners first and yes you are liable for everything
the guy that ran the one i worked for had yp ads from suffolk to southampton they ask you to go everywhere if they cant get anyone closer

£75 a Hour! :eek: do the public pay that rate in London? Am I to cheap? I charge £50 1st Hour £30 there after + Parts or Day Rate at £200 + Parts. I am in Cambridgeshire and House prices and cost of living on par with London. This is for domestic Plumbing, NOT GAS WORK.

plumb force direct,reactfast,home services direct,able group they are all the same.most charge between £75 to £130 an hour with most you get 50% plus your materials money back,but you are liable for your work and materials .they cant lose.these companies are national so yes winston they charge the same where you live.as for what you charge does it cover your running costs and give you a living if so you have got it right,but do you take into account saving for your pension etc.

My business covers its cost and a small wage for me if the month is good say £500. It's not alot but I have been concentrating on money going back into my business for the long term view. New tools, Marketing increasing stock where I feel it pays to hold it. I have only been trading 13 months and I am reasonably happy.

I just dont like the quiet times it worries me, month to date has been very bad but then today £300 profit. But I feel what I cant do is make my existing clientelle pay for my down time. Eventually I hope it all works but its a long road ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumb Force Direct, London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock