Search the forum,

Discuss Plumb Center offers... yea I know, im a sucker :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
boom, £30 the lot !
offers still running AFAIK
£25 for the pliers and £5 for the "grip it's"

DSC_0117.jpg

those knipex grips are amazing and were £45 before the offer.
they grip harder as you get the pressure on so no chance of slipping

I know where there's a pair with my name on:hurray:

Can't see them anywhere else less than £40 or so

That was my thought.

Boys and our tools! There are few things in life better than getting and using a new tool if it makes jobs easier. I also feel like a professional. How sad is that?

I'd put the grips in the toolbox & the grip it's in the nearest dustbin!

Is this the same jay the plumber from vw t5 forum??

I'd put the grips in the toolbox & the grip it's in the nearest dustbin!

Is this the same jay the plumber from vw t5 forum??

really? I aint used grip its yet but they looked pretty neat and I love me a gadget :)

no, im not on a VW forum.. I drive a transit connect anyway :p

lad and his grandad knocked those gripits up in their garden shed using peices of cardboard prototypes.
companys worth £10m today, so moral is..forget the pro's, theres a fortune to be made in diy.lol

yep, as Best says, they are the 10" ones.. up to 46mm nut size

The code number (86 03 250) last three numbers I now realise are the size of it (250mm).
Same code but ending in 300 is next size

The code number (86 03 250) last three numbers I now realise are the size of it (250mm).
Same code but ending in 300 is next size

im having the 180 and the 300... not this month though :D

Boys and our tools! There are few things in life better than getting and using a new tool if it makes jobs easier. I also feel like a professional. How sad is that?

i know its terrible.. its like buying cool tools and having class stuff somehow qualifies you :D

Thanks Jay, bought a pair for collection at my local plumb last night after seeing this, I reckon I would need them to be 200mm long though to replace the trusted 9031's

Im a tart aswell, got the cobras in every size they do :drool5:

Last edited:
Ahh I was going to go and buy some new 10 inch ones tomorrow. Was just looking at getting rothenberger ones though, exactly the same ones as in plumb centre but when buying some timber last week in b&q I passed the plumbing tools and see them for £13 !!+

Ahh I was going to go and buy some new 10 inch ones tomorrow. Was just looking at getting rothenberger ones though, exactly the same ones as in plumb centre but when buying some timber last week in b&q I passed the plumbing tools and see them for £13 !!+

damn thats a good price, got a link ?

Where do you guys get your parts and stuff from? I just generally always go parts Center as it's the closest to me so it's just convenience really, I'm aware there not the cheapest but I have an account there, is there much in it to other places like city plumbing

not really spoilt for choice where I live.. plumb center or local suppliers.
I even use some of my old suppliers in London area like Compass and just get it all shipped on a pallet

I no u can get stuff cheaper on line but just means u got to pay up front, I got city plumbing right next to parts Center to be fair but I get on with the lads that work there, and I can take stuff back so think that's the main thing for me

Plumb centre for boiler spares as they have the best stock and next day availability on most things where as city seem to struggle with parts.

9 times out of 10 that's what I'm going for Dave, I did consider opening an account with city plumbing aswell but think I'll just stick with parts Center

boom, £30 the lot !
offers still running AFAIK
£25 for the pliers and £5 for the "grip it's"

View attachment 25517

[video]http://uk.farnell.com/knipex/87-21-250/cobra-waterpump-plier-50mm-250mm/dp/2409589?CMP=KNC-GUK-GEN-SHOPPING-KNIPEX&CAGPSPN=pla&gross_price=true&gclid=Cj0KEQjw5Z63BRCLqqLtpc6dk7gBEiQA0OuhsNyKvFlK ZMNGhIAc0UX0XE-DnXlcA3THq2-0GVl8Q9caAutU8P8HAQ&mckv=y8k7l9UX_dt%7Cpcrid%7C78108382749%7C&CAWELAID=120173390000400733[/video]

Best one for me have 2 for many many years though the teeth are strong and long lasting

They sent me an email the next day saying the item is now obsolete :( obviously its not obsolete, they just removed it from their discounts

I no u can get stuff cheaper on line but just means u got to pay up front, I got city plumbing right next to parts Center to be fair but I get on with the lads that work there, and I can take stuff back so think that's the main thing for me

Gas Appliance Spares in Preston do next day delivery, trade prices if your a RGI. And a free brew machine if you happen to need the part same day.

They sent me an email the next day saying the item is now obsolete :( obviously its not obsolete, they just removed it from their discounts

You can get it off Internet for about the original offer I noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumb Center offers... yea I know, im a sucker :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock