Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Plug waste pipe hole - kitchen sink in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. michael12345

michael12345 New Member

Hi - looking for something suitable to simply cover the hole for the sink overflow. I don't need it connected up to the waste so just want to use somehing to fill it and make it look nicer.

Could anyone recommend something? The hole is approx 30mm wide.

Many Thanks

20181204_062311.jpg

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

You can buy a cheap overflow kit , you get everything you dont want lol , but they come with the plastic/chrome bit you need

• Like Like x 1
  3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Electrical blind grommet??

4. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

5. Stigster

Stigster Plumber

6. michael12345

michael12345 New Member

Thank you for all the great suggestions!

Sorry if it's a stupid question but based on the picture posted, if I was to get some sort of stopper, would I need access from behind the sink in order to successfully be able to screw the item on?

Many Thanks

7. Stigster

Stigster Plumber

You would need to get one hand in behind the sink to do the nut up on the back of the blanking plug. Usually this is just about accessible because an overflow and overflow pipe would normally be fitted there. Failing that, you could silicone the blanking plug in with some silicone/sealant just from the front. As it will not be required to hold pressure this should suffice if access is impossible.

8. michael12345

michael12345 New Member

Ok fantastic, thank you very much! Will try that! :)