Search the forum,

Discuss please help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

njh82

Hi

We have to replace our old lead pipe from meter to boiler with a bigger 22mm copper pipe. Problem is that the first few feet run from meter under the floor into our hall floor flat. According to our plumber this requires steel clad piping and will cost up to £800 to do?

any ideas or are we just faced with a huge bill?

Why would it be steel clad is it getting buried in concrete?

apparently if a gas pipe goes through a communal area regs state it must be a steel or black iron pipe boxed into a beathable box or something? £££!

Oh I thought you were talking about water.
Sounds about right as the regs are tighter in communal areas. The breathable box is so if there is a leak there is a draft through to the outside rather than collecting and killing you and your wives or whoever. If you think the quote is expensive try someone else but if you know he's good....

more that we can't afford £1000 simply for the luxury of a gas cooker. looks like we will have to keep to crappy electric!

Yeah I know what you mean sometimes the luxury isn't viable. Just get yourself a really nice electric one.

if its buried in the screed it doesnt count as common parts and can be in protected copper
i had the same thing in a block of flats and rang corgi as it was and if buried can be in copper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to please help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm new to this forum. Please go easy on me👷🏼 I'm currently renovating my house and my house currently runs from old lead pipes then soldered in to 15mm copper pipe. I want to replace the whole piping in the house from to bottom. My question is shall I run 22mm copper pipe then...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, I am hoping some of you may be able to provide you perspective on what is looks like could be a serious problem. I am a complete novice so please bear with me... Full house renovation with all new pipe work, unvented megaflo cylinder, secondary return, pump, water softer etc. 1...
Replies
Views
A
Afternoon all - We have a problem with very little/no cold water flow on the ground and first floor of our (fairly new build, 7 years old) 3 story town house. All flow is fine on the top floor and the hot water is unaffected and runs throughout the house. It's an unvented, balanced system...
Replies
Views
I need some advice… Our gas meter is currently in the garage conversion and runs under the stairs into the kitchen where we have the boiler. We want to do the following things: 1. Replace with a combi boiler and move to the loft. We are a semi detached house so need to the pipes run up from the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock