Search the forum,

Discuss Please HELP with new combi boiler , possible nightmare on my hands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
just read this from the start and I'm shocked, how can someone be gassafe registered and carry out installs like that. hope you get some new carpets out I them.

bad-apple2-1024x766.jpg

Take detailed photos of all damage and works done and write up a report of boiler change etc , email the lot to their office . If there isnt a quick response halt all work as these guys seem to be having difficulties to say the least with plumbing procedures. If the company is an established reputable one they should resolve this quickly. Dont be afraid to speak and challenge them on any issue you have.

Take detailed photos of all damage and works done and write up a report of boiler change etc , email the lot to their office . If there isnt a quick response halt all work as these guys seem to be having difficulties to say the least with plumbing procedures. an established reputable one they should resolve this quickly.

No work to be halted. That company had already been thrown out.
Also, no new carpet can be had as the said company wants compensation?

My fault here for only reading first six posts before i wrote this , will scroll down further next time��

Wish me luck guys .
I'm sorry for the lack of update but I've had to keep quiet and say nothing on here, today is the final court date and hopefully in a few hours this will all be over.

I hope it gets resolved today. Thanks for all the updates on here. I hope you realise that we aren't all the same!

Good luck.

Wow! I'm having an office day today, but I got distracted by this post. Having read from start to finish I haven't got much work done.

What a load of tosh! I don't know how these people can sleep at night.

Fingers crossed Shaun for a successful outcome - I hope you and the choppers that ballsed it up get what's deserved.

Thanks for keeping on with the updates. I'd be very interested to hear back when it's all done.

Yes good luck...hope you asked for and get punitive damages or the UK equivalent.

Last edited:
Well it looks like the saga is finally over.

Their claim against me was 100% rejected.
They have to pay all damages and repairs, all remedial work, replacement carpets, damage to the property, court costs and also have to pay me by 1 week today all damages less a some ware and tear on the carpets with them being a few year old ( fair enough and I'm happy with that)

i pay them !!!NOTHING!!!
They do have a right to appeal but I can't see what they can gain other than costing them more money in the long run.

Thanks to all for the help and advice to the forum and its members . I hope at the very least ive gave you all some entertainment in reading this mammoth thread .
The views and replays are staggering lol :)

I can't say that I will ever be a regular poster on the forum ongoing but I will promise if there are ever any more updates I will be sure to let you know.
Once again thanks to everyone
Best wishes
Shaun

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Well done and glad it's nearly over for you, if they stall on payment don't hesitate to escalate the judgement.

Thanks for taking the time to update us on this and glad the outcome has gone your way
maybe we have helped you realise were not all cowboys

Cheers Shaun, pleased that you've had a good outcome.

Well gassafe came out and I should have the report in the morning .
to put it this way the inspector says this is one of if not the worst installation he has ever seen .
he has reported no less than 14 serious errors with the installation .

needless to say I am perusing this further .

the unnamed company has sent me a recorded letter stating "breach of contract" and if I don't pay them in 7 days dated from last Friday they will seek legal action to recover the costs .
i really wish I could see their faces when this report lands on their desk tomorrow

I have followed up and taken advice from the citizens advice and trading standards and they both back me on withholding any payments , they have advised because of the seriousness of this that I should immediately contact a solicitor .

I have been informed 100% that I do not have to allow the unnamed company back into my property to repair anything , I will be getting a third party in to rectify to work ASAP . And remedial work will then be charged straight to the unnamed company .
As with the sales of good act 1982 , They have broken the contract of agreement on many issues and I deem them to be in total breach of contract myself , on the Basis of losing all faith in the company , I have a legal right to refuse entry or for any work to be carried out by them .

i would love to list all of the faults up now , and in time I will , put it this way it was even more serious than what I thought , I am astonished with the other issues that the inspector has told me about, it's not something that I would have even thought of but to be honest when he shows you and explains ,then some of the things you all have seen would have been the least of my worries .

once again thank you all for your time , your advice and how helpful this forum has been . Without you all this installation could have been completed and rectified , there would have still been many hidden and unknown issues that potentially could have caused very serious issues .

i will refrain from listing them all just yet as the matter will most certainly be going legal ASAP .

best wishes
shaun

Go on then Shaun, what were the 14 serious breaches?

Was meant to spend this morning doing office work. Instead a read this! Good to see its resolved.

To think they could of excepted the op offer of paying for material and only only missing out on labour!

Shocking work i wouldnt let them near anyones house , Try checkatrade for someone to rectify check they have decent reviews.

Shocking work i wouldnt let them near anyones house , Try checkatrade for someone to rectify check they have decent reviews.

:D guess you didn't read the whole thread already been done

Er, it`s all done mate except we are still waiting to hear what the 14 serious breaches were.

Checkatrade guarantees you nothing either! The company I used to build my conservatory extension have glowing reports on there. 18 months after it's built lots of cracks appearing in plaster and external render. So I dug a hole beside the wall to see how deep foundations are to find this!image.jpg
Built on what is basically a flower bed. 200mm deep concrete at its deepest! But this is a whole other thread really!

Checkatrade fftttt!!!
I've been to rectify lots of work done by members of that lot. Like anything in life, there're always some 'bad eggs' somewhere. Someone who comes recommended is always a bonus as they'll be prepared to do a better job

You did it my friend.

What a detailed discussion of problems, solutions, and frightening scenarios that can happen when a general public person asks. “Can you change my boiler”
I congratulate you on process and feedback to this forum.

This forum shows the dedication of good craftsmen & engineers.
Big nod to the company that helped you fix this mess.
:29:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please HELP with new combi boiler , possible nightmare on my hands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock