Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Please help! Trouble with finding correct shower hose in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. san_888

san_888 New Member

Hello,

Recently the metal shower hose on my bathtub has broken and I have been trying for the past few months without success to find a replacement hose and shower nozzle head. The shower nozzle head has broken off of the hose itself.

I have tried to hire a few plumbers to come and fix this for me but either the plumbers don't turn up or when they eventually do, they tell me that they cannot find the correct replacement shower hose. I can't seem to find any branding/model number anywhere. The hose can retract to fit into a holder on the side of the bathtub (see photos attached). I have included measurements of all parts below:

Shower hose:
    • length = 162cm
    • diameter = 1.5cm
    Shower nozzle head:
    • length = 23cm
    • diameter = 2.5cm
    Shower holder (diameter of hole which hose retracts into):
    • diameter = 2.5cm

I would be really grateful if anyone could help me identify the correct replacement shower hose to buy and where I can buy it! I have attached some photos of the bathtub and shower hose.

Many thanks for any help!

Shower hose (1) Shower hose (2) Shower hose (3) Shower nozzle (1) Holder Shower hose (4) Shower nozzle (2) Shower nozzle (3) Shower nozzle (4)

2. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Can you put on photos under bath of where hose fits do you know the make of the bath ?

3. san_888

san_888 New Member

Sorry but I don't know the make of the bath - it was already installed when we moved in.

I have attached some more photos of where the hose fits under the bath.

Thanks!

Image - Copy.jpeg Image-1 - Copy.jpeg Image-2 - Copy.jpeg Image-3 - Copy.jpeg Image-4 - Copy.jpeg

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Looks like a stnd shower hose

The hard part is being able to fit it through the pass through part

5. san_888

san_888 New Member

I had previously bought a standard shower hose, but for some reason it doesn't attach onto the shower head nozzle.

6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

did you undo the old one that has been left on there?

7. stevetheplumber

stevetheplumber Plumber GSR

quite often these are 3/8 on the end that goes to the tap so it can pass throiugh the tube on the bath grohe do one

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. san_888

san_888 New Member

I previously bought a 3/8 hose but it is too big to fit in the holder - are there any sizes smaller than 3/8?

Thank you.

9. san_888

san_888 New Member

Yes I did, it has all been taken apart now but the problem is finding another hose that is of the same diameter!