Search the forum,

Discuss Please help - connecting water pipe to sink tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, complete beginner requiring some advice please!

Would like to connect water from pipe to the sink (cold water only at this stage) - was going to remove the tap and then use something like a flexi pipe to connect them? I've attached images below.

Would something like this work:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0187OR5U8

Thanks!

sink_1.jpg

2_9acebefa-51ab-40b2-a770-59298f10bc96.jpg

Not meaning to sound critical but Flexi pipe to Flexi pipe is very very DIY and it certainly not the best way to do it. I would hard pipe as another flexi pipe is just going to restrict flow further.

Not meaning to sound critical but Flexi pipe to Flexi pipe is very very DIY and it certainly not the best way to do it. I would hard pipe as another flexi pipe is just going to restrict flow further.
Hi, thanks for letting me know. What kind of pipe would you recommend (it needs to be drilled through a breeze block wall) and what connectors do I need as well please?

Agreed, I assumed (mother of all...) the flexi in first pic was what they were planning on using not what they were planning on connecting to.

Agreed, I assumed (mother of all...) the flexi in first pic was what they were planning on using not what they were planning on connecting to.
Hi, sorry for confusion. The flexi in the first pic actually came supplied with the tap. So I'm guessing the best solution would be a hard copper pipe and then two suitable connectors: one between the tap and the copper pipe, and then one between the flexi and the copper pipe?

Hi, thanks for letting me know. What kind of pipe would you recommend (it needs to be drilled through a breeze block wall) and what connectors do I need as well please?

You want to use 15mm copper pipe, fittings wise use 15mm compression couplings if you don't have experience soldering.

Any chance of a diagram of what you are trying to achieve, we can advise you in more detail on what fittings you will need.

Hi, sorry for confusion. The flexi in the first pic actually came supplied with the tap. So I'm guessing the best solution would be a hard copper pipe and then two suitable connectors: one between the tap and the copper pipe, and then one between the flexi and the copper pipe?

You want to have copper pipe running from where the brass tap (the one in the second picture) is currently located to within approx 250mm (assuming the flexis that came with your new tap are 300mm in length) from the sink/tap. You then attach the compression end of the flexi pipe (the end that showing in your photo, it will have an olive in it) in your first picture to the end of your new copper pipe.

If you can knock us up a diagram (ideally with distances) we can advise in more detail regarding which fittings you will need, clipping, and best way to get it through the wall.

You want to use 15mm copper pipe, fittings wise use 15mm compression couplings if you don't have experience soldering.

Any chance of a diagram of what you are trying to achieve, we can advise you in more detail on what fittings you will need.

Drawing never been my strong point but does this help?

IMG_0299.jpg

Yes that's perfect.

For your first connecter (on left of drawing) I'd use a 15mm compression elbow. I would also clip the pipe to the wall above the tee.

You should ideally sleeve the 15mm copper pipe where it goes through the breeze blocks as copper corrodes in contact with cement, Screwfix do a 2m length of 20mm heavy guage plastic conduit for £1.15, so doesn't really add much cost.

What distance is there between where the hole will be drilled in the wall and the new tap? If its less than 250mm (assuming your flexis are 300mm) you can attach the compression fitting end of the flexi directly to the end of the copper pipe. If its more than that distance you want use another elbow and suitable length of 15mm copper pipe to get closer to the tap, you should also clip that pipe to the wall.

Yes that's perfect.

For your first connecter (on left of drawing) I'd use a 15mm compression elbow. I would also clip the pipe to the wall above the tee.

You should ideally sleeve the 15mm copper pipe where it goes through the breeze blocks as copper corrodes in contact with cement, Screwfix do a 2m length of 20mm heavy guage plastic conduit for £1.15, so doesn't really add much cost.

What distance is there between where the hole will be drilled in the wall and the new tap? If its less than 250mm (assuming your flexis are 300mm) you can attach the compression fitting end of the flexi directly to the end of the copper pipe. If its more than that distance you want use another elbow and suitable length of 15mm copper pipe to get closer to the tap, you should also clip that pipe to the wall.
Brilliant, thanks so much. I'll do as you suggested and let you know how I get on!

Sorry one other thing I forgot to add with the flexi muddle up earlier, I would fit a 15mm compression isolation valve (full bore), that way if you need to replace the tap in the future you don't have to cut the water to the whole house. Your best bet is probably to put another elbow after the pipe comes through the wall, small section of 15mm copper pipe, compression isolation valve and then you can attach the compression end of the flexi pipe to the isolation valve. Also don't forget to then clip that small section of copper pipe to the wall.

Reply to Please help - connecting water pipe to sink tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock