Search the forum,

Discuss Please comment on the quote - too high in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

At the end of the day, most of us are professionals. Unfortunately we rarely act as such. To begin to alter public perceptions of us we need to act as such and, in this instance, it means being assertive. As already mentioned, it can be done so that it reinforces that professionalism. Personally, I do not grin when faced with those questions as I believe it demeans my reply. My typical reply is, "As a fellow professional you fully understand the value of hard earned experience and the peace of mind that delivers. If you would like a cheap job I'm sure you will be well served but I'm afraid I dont not lower my standards." Then you SHUT UP. With an impassive face you wait for THEM to speak. When they do it will be to say sorry or to say goodbye. Either means you win... :cool:

You are probably correct to say not to smile when giving a response to such customers, but sometimes smiling makes our comment to the customer appear less rude.
Bit like adding a Smilie to show the tone of our posts on here :)

You are probably correct to say not to smile when giving a response to such customers, but sometimes smiling makes our comment to the customer appear less rude.
Bit like adding a Smilie to show the tone of our posts on here :)
I was taught transactional analysis years ago...its quite a good tool with customers positive and negative.
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

It is always a bit annoying when a customer asks for a detailed price breakdown. It usually means that they want to compare the prices on line but fail to understand that we’re in business and don’t spend time organising, procuring and taking responsibility for products free of charge. Like any business products are marked up otherwise we’re spending time working and taking risk for free.

That said, I’m up front about that and ask customers if they want to purchase those products themselves and assume the risk.

These same customers wouldn’t ask Mr Sainsbury’s how much he pays for a tin of beans and accept this business model but strangely expect that they should have our trade discount and assume no risk themselves.

Reply to Please comment on the quote - too high in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock