Search the forum,

Discuss plastic pipe and fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
not saying im gona do this, but out of interest, can poly-plumb be used on JG and vise-versa,, also which brand would u say is the best to use or are they all the same, also i noticed that there is a brand called Sure plumb which is a little cheaper,, is it any good. thanks men

i don't see why not, they are all the same diameter, if they werent they wouldnt all fit copper

IMHO i cant say id have much faith if i started mix n matching different fittings pipe sleeves etc. but thats just me

IMHO I think you could leave yourself wide open against any insurance claim that may happen as a result but I dont` think for one minute you would be the first to do this certainly would not recommend mixing plastic pipe/fittings under floors though regards turnpin
icon7.png

Ive read somewhere, maybe on a speedfit packet, that if you mix and match the guarantee is void.

I like speedfit because it seems to keep its shape when bent, plus its white if it has to go on show. I also use polyplumb but usually under floors etc. Also prefer to use polyplumb on heating more because the pipe sleeves are a lot thinner, so less pipe restriction.
I prefer to stick with these two simply because ive never had probs with them so its not worth the risk of using cheaper stuff.

It's a tough one I honestly dont know think
You would have to ask the manufacturers but as GQ says they all fit same pipes
Personal preference is polyplumb

Must agree,not keen on push fit anyway and would be even less so if fittings and pipe brands fixed together

:13:

Only ever liked hep. Only because of the fact it was not demountable.

not keen on there new stuff , but did like there old stuff when i had to use it

I've always used Hep pipe as it is more flexible and JG fittings as they are de-mountable. Each to their own.

I always use compression fittings just to be on the safe side, but i would imagine it to work either way because they are all the same diameter, i'm happy mixing inserts when using compression though

I always use compression fittings just to be on the safe side, but i would imagine it to work either way because they are all the same diameter, i'm happy mixing inserts when using compression though

Be careful.

I once had a bad experience..
When superseal liners came out, my merchant told me these were the new liners and you dont need the old type ones. So i used these liners on a compression fitting under a bath. It held for about 6 months then popped off!!!

Brought the living room ceiling down. Turns out the old type liners are for compression and superseal are for push fit fittings only. Apparantly the local water pressure increased after some work carried out on the main.

I'll never use plastic pipe with compression fittings again. Always put copper into the compression then plastic fittings onto the copper. This sometimes looks cack and can be expensive, but so is repairing ceilings :)

i have seen polyplumb and speedfit used together without any problems, but it would void the warranty of both.

im using the new hep20 at the moment and i have of yet not seen a fitting drip and ive first fixed 12 flats and 10-12 houses so far...... touch wood.

Be careful.

I once had a bad experience..
When superseal liners came out, my merchant told me these were the new liners and you dont need the old type ones. So i used these liners on a compression fitting under a bath. It held for about 6 months then popped off!!!

Brought the living room ceiling down. Turns out the old type liners are for compression and superseal are for push fit fittings only. Apparantly the local water pressure increased after some work carried out on the main.

I'll never use plastic pipe with compression fittings again. Always put copper into the compression then plastic fittings onto the copper. This sometimes looks cack and can be expensive, but so is repairing ceilings :)

yeah i stay clear of the super seal ones, even when that is all the merchants have i go elsewhere lol

i have seen polyplumb and speedfit used together without any problems, but it would void the warranty of both.

im using the new hep20 at the moment and i have of yet not seen a fitting drip and ive first fixed 12 flats and 10-12 houses so far...... touch wood.

i like there ol stuff there new is a bit bulky imho

Supaseal inserts for Speedfit plastic pipe, not under any circumstances for compression, use the plain inserts for this and only with compression fittings with a deep slip like Kuterlite.

No you can't mix different fittings between manaufacturers. Each brand of plastic pipe has a tiny difference in the internal diameter and each brand has their own inserts because of this.

Best imo is Cuprofit and copper pipe. Never come off though demountable and never leak and no inserts and other expensive add ons are required.

Please!!! anyone trying out a new system for the first time, go onto the manufacturers website and learn how to use it properly first!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
you can use any fitting with any brand of pipe but don't mix the inserts the id is different on some plastic pipes.

I agree with Markfxy. Don't mix inserts. Even old hep & new hep. If using plastic, I prefer Hep 2o. The grey stuff with green grab rings are a pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

Is the warranty worth the paper its written on I think the manufacturers will always find a get out.

You can mix and match as much as you like and it wont effect warranty

I asked the hep rep myself
JG will tell you otherwise and I've heard that as plumbers are deserting the new Hep 20 in droves, I think that they will try to get as many sales as possible.
Why on earth would they make these new metal inserts, fittings and pipe if someone elses can be used far cheaper?

generally the warranty is only against manufacturing defects if it comes apart its obviously fitted wrong or so thet say

I remeber reading some where that the warranty 25 years (JG) only when system is installed and tested accroding to MI's, so on that ground as the manufactures don't say you can use another fitting they have a get out clause!!

but I have found no problem using different pipe and fittings, so long as correct insert for the pipe is used.

I'm mostly using new hep at the moment, but thats partly due to the new terms my mechant set up for me! don't much like the cheap stuff thrown out buy the sheds, but have nothing agains JG, polyplumb though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plastic pipe and fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock