Search the forum,

Discuss pipestrip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it has to work better and last longer than abrasive strips, steel wool or a rasp/file etc, otherwise it'll just end another useless gizmo. it probably does the job it's intended to do when new, but how long will it last before it needs sharpened etc

Mine arrived yesterday, will report back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Used it for the first time today, handy for getting round the back. It would be better if the plastic hand grip did not slide off. All in all for the money worth having

I got mine Last week i think. Used it today and it was not bad, did the job. Dont know how it will work when it blunts.

Used it for the first time today, handy for getting round the back. It would be better if the plastic hand grip did not slide off. All in all for the money worth having

Never had the handle slip on my cheap foolstation abrasive strip :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I find an old wood chisel works wonders on painted pipes. Works well on fingers too if you're not careful ;)

Right, Mine turned up a few days after I saw it on here, I put in van and completely forgot about it. Few days later I was doing some gas experience and wanted to get it right and suddenly this popped into my head. I have used it about 6 times this week already.

This worked brilliantly,
1. it scrapes it off without burning the walls, scraping your hands on the paint/ abrasive strip.
2. your hands are clean after
3. you can scrape paint off off the pipes even if there is water in the pipes
4. the pipe is absolutley clean and even gets behind
5. it is very very light and does not take up muchspace in tool box
6. no cut fingers from using stanley knife/ screwdriver/ file

the problems I had were
1. only just fits round 22mm so is harder work to strip 22mm
2. I can predict this tool will get lost at some point as very small

Overall a great buy and I am so glad I bought it. if I ever loose this tool or it goes blunt, I will be buying another one.
Why struggle with abrasive strips/ sand paper/ stanley knifes when this is available.

I just use a chrome scorer and push fit fittings on chrome works perfect and quick too.

is there any other ways to remove chrome apart from file it off?
I use a flat circular sanding disc attachment for a drill, not too coarse. You have to go steady though. And then the wool to finish it off.

I think I'm missing something here, do you know what a pipe scorer is?

Yes, if it works for you - that's fine. I just don't use push fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipestrip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock