Search the forum,

Discuss Pipes into radiator. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, does it matter if I feed a into a radiator at the top and out the opposite bottom, is there much advantage?

Thanks.

Not sure of your question?
If you mean on top to bottom piped rads - do they have to be diagonal, then answer is yes, they won’t work properly if piped to one side and won’t heat the opposite side well.

If you meant does top to bottom diagonal connected rads work slightly better than bottom connected rads, then answer is yes, the rad gives slightly higher output if feed into top and out the bottom connections and actually the specified output is for that

Thanks, I’ve seen it somewhere recently and it looked more efficient.
In our toilet we need to replace the radiator, currently it has in and out in the bottom.
The problem being that the TRV is bottom right which is just to the left of the toilet. Due to having a small boy, it is often covered in wee!
So the plan was to install the TRV top right, hopefully he can’t reavh it up there!

Thanks, I’ve seen it somewhere recently and it looked more efficient.
In our toilet we need to replace the radiator, currently it has in and out in the bottom.
The problem being that the TRV is bottom right which is just to the left of the toilet. Due to having a small boy, it is often covered in wee!
So the plan was to install the TRV top right, hopefully he can’t reavh it up there!

Get the TRV swapped to other side of radaiator. They are bidirectional and can be installed flow or return.
I wouldn’t do top to bottom connections on rads on pumped circuits. It does look terrible

Not sure if this is the right thread.

Anyone come across microbore size that's smaller than 10mm and slightly larger than 8mm.

Took off a rad and need to connect new valves. 10mm too big. 8mm too small

Is there 9mm microbore pipe?

Anyone come across microbore size that's smaller than 10mm and slightly larger than 8mm.

How old is the pipework?
Old imperial 3/8” copper pipe is just slightly smaller in diameter to 10mm.

Didn’t think there was any of that stuff left. Learn something new every day.

I also never come across 3/8” pipe on heating systems. All 8 or 10mm but on systems installed mainly in mid 1970s onwards, so would be metric.
Oil pipes still around that are 3/8”.
Much harder copper than the 10mm and therefore easier to work with without risk of kinking it

I also never come across 3/8” pipe on heating systems. All 8 or 10mm but on systems installed mainly in mid 1970s onwards, so would be metric.
Oil pipes still around that are 3/8”.
Much harder copper than the 10mm and therefore easier to work with without risk of kinking it

The owner told me the builder who owned it before, installed the Pipe work and roads.

Typical. Cheap pipe being imperial.

There is some wacky refridgeration microbore which is imperial
and american od and fits nothing in our world without wiping it up a bit to get a decent joint....look in BES gas controls catalogue ...****ography for
plumbers, gsr and heating engineers
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to Pipes into radiator. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock