Search the forum,

Discuss pipes in wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi everyone,

i have read older threads and seen lots of different opinions on whats best to protect pipes in walls.

i know it is best to have pipes sleeved but for this project the pipes are coming through the wall into a bathroom and it is a finished kitchen the other side with no access to pipes. without taking most of the house apart it is not practical to run new feeds to the bathroom.

I need to chase all pipework in the walls and was wondering what people are using to protect the pipes from corrosion. my current method is to use denso to protect pipe and expanding foam for expansion and insulation but find denso a bit messy and heard it can seep into wall when heated and taint wall paper etc on the other side of wall. i also put plates over any pipework in the wall.

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/self-a...tracking url&gclid=CL_KsuLHpc4CFRATGwodch0JXg

i have seen this and wondered if anyone used it for insulating it is sold as leak sealer or electric insulation but looks like could be good for protecting pipes in concrete.

what are peoples thoughts or methods??

thanks

Waterproof duct tape and double coat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipes in wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock