Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe sound please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,does anybody heard before or has any idea how to fix/stop the sound below because is really annoying, the sound is when no one is using the water inside house every tap is shut but that sound is still present 2 plumbers came and they don't know where this sound comes from .
(Use volume please)

Are youse familiar or it ever happened you any of you.

Appreciate a lot.

Is your house joined to another. Are any neighbours hearing the same noise.

Sounds like water hammer from a toilet or tap turning off quickly, a shock arrestor might fix it

It could be one of your neighbours or even in the water main, try a shock arrestor after your stop tap if that doesn't work contact your water supplier

Any tanks in the loft etc .
Have you recently drawn water or flushed a toilet

Is a flat located at 1st floor it doesn't have any tanks in the attic and below neighbour says he can here it some time from above, in my flat I can here it often all day or night long and no taps are used or toilet that's really frustrating... :(

Frustrating I bet !!!
Unfortunately copper pipes will transmit sounds so it could be coming from anywhere.
Some flats I work in have a seperate room having all the water meters . Sometimes where the electric meters are too .

I.ve noticed that when my neighbour is using his water taps/toilet the sound is starting and I'm thinking even the neighbour next to me 1st floor when he uses water the sound is present even if I went to bellow neighbour and run the tap and toilet he has no sound inside his house but in mine is....do youse think a shock arrestor ( like Jones82 said )fitted in my place will stop this madness ?

Appreciate.

Could be the jumper in your stop tap. Try closing it for a few hours and see if you hear the noise.

My flat being in a block of 4 I've noticed when the neighbours are using their water I get the sound and definitely its a shared system do youse think I can do something on my side to stop the sound ?....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe sound please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I waited a while before I posted this as I wanted to see how long the issue would go on for. There is a whistling sound from the pipes next to the bathroom but not when I use the water in my flat but whenever my neighbour does who lives below me. Everyone got disconnected from the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
Prompted by a surveyors energy efficiency report (and getting grants as this job belongs to a small charity) I've been asked to lag the pipes in this boiler cupboard. So questions: 1.Anybody got a photo of a good professional job please. 2. Where to stop the insulation under the boiler...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, we're having an issue with our toilet in which only for the past few weeks a slight hissing sound happens 24/7. It sounds something is running through the pipes although there's no clear signs in the cistern or with the water meter etc. It isn't that loud, but certainly noticeable with no...
Replies
Views
hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have emptied the water tank in the loft and also closed the main stopcock. still the leak is on - hoping it will eventually stop. I have not idea how the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock