Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Pipe sound please help in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Florin Cristian

Florin Cristian New Member

Hello all,does anybody heard before or has any idea how to fix/stop the sound below because is really annoying, the sound is when no one is using the water inside house every tap is shut but that sound is still present 2 plumbers came and they don't know where this sound comes from .
    (Use volume please)

Are youse familiar or it ever happened you any of you.

Appreciate a lot.

2. bright spark

bright spark Plumber GSR

Is your house joined to another. Are any neighbours hearing the same noise.

3. Jones82

Jones82 GSR

Sounds like water hammer from a toilet or tap turning off quickly, a shock arrestor might fix it

It could be one of your neighbours or even in the water main, try a shock arrestor after your stop tap if that doesn't work contact your water supplier

4. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR

Any tanks in the loft etc .
    Have you recently drawn water or flushed a toilet

5. Florin Cristian

Is a flat located at 1st floor it doesn't have any tanks in the attic and below neighbour says he can here it some time from above, in my flat I can here it often all day or night long and no taps are used or toilet that's really frustrating... :(

6. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR

Frustrating I bet !!!
    Unfortunately copper pipes will transmit sounds so it could be coming from anywhere.
    Some flats I work in have a seperate room having all the water meters . Sometimes where the electric meters are too .

• Like Like x 1
  7. Florin Cristian

I.ve noticed that when my neighbour is using his water taps/toilet the sound is starting and I'm thinking even the neighbour next to me 1st floor when he uses water the sound is present even if I went to bellow neighbour and run the tap and toilet he has no sound inside his house but in mine is....do youse think a shock arrestor ( like Jones82 said )fitted in my place will stop this madness ?

Appreciate.

8. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Could be the jumper in your stop tap. Try closing it for a few hours and see if you hear the noise.

9. Florin Cristian

My flat being in a block of 4 I've noticed when the neighbours are using their water I get the sound and definitely its a shared system do youse think I can do something on my side to stop the sound ?..