Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe slice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Steven

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Lost my 15mm Irwin pipe slice on a job. Can't find one for love nor money!
If anybody could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.
Regards
Steven

Called Google
[DLMURL]http://abtoolsonline.com/pipe-tube-cutter-15mm-by-irwin-record-copper-hand-operated-te623/[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, the 15mm slice doesn't seem to be widely available or out of stock.

just get another brand/ go into a plumbing center and you will find loads

Ive often thought if they had a flat around the circumference it would stop them rolling into the floor void which I am pretty sure we have all experienced this

Ive often thought if they had a flat around the circumference it would stop them rolling into the floor void which I am pretty sure we have all experienced this

Dont leave your tools lying around?
I've had to fish under the floor with a stick and magnet a few times

Every pipe slice i seem to buy now is a die in disguise.........consistent thread pattern at 1.5mm pitch though.

Every pipe slice i seem to buy now is a die in disguise.........consistent thread pattern at 1.5mm pitch though.

Called Google
[DLMURL="http://abtoolsonline.com/pipe-tube-cutter-15mm-by-irwin-record-copper-hand-operated-te623/"]Pipe / tube cutter 15mm by IRWIN record / copper / hand operated TE623 - AB Tools Online[/DLMURL]

Thankyou, will keep an eye on that site. Hope it comes back in stock soon, can get the 22mm ones but 15mm all out of stock!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now using the Bahco slices find them well made and pretty good

Last edited:
Lost my 15mm Irwin pipe slice on a job. Can't find one for love nor money!
If anybody could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.
Regards
Steven

All pipe slices do the same thing don't they ? Did not know that irwin cuts better than others ;) if you look after your cutters all will cut as good as irwin ;)

All pipe slices do the same thing don't they ? ....;)

Could tell difference between
OLD large antique ========= Bulky ,well built
a poundland minature thing=== Delicate , sloppy
Bodge-n-quit Un-branded ==== Better and cheap-ish -rolls well...

Time is money , but looking after the better stuff definitely keeps that NEW feeling

Could tell difference between
OLD large antique ========= Bulky ,well built
a poundland minature thing=== Delicate , sloppy
Bodge-n-quit Un-branded ==== Better and cheap-ish -rolls well...

Time is money , but looking after the better stuff definitely keeps that NEW feeling

Absolutely agree with you on that!

Thing of beauty!

IMG_20160229_122609.jpg

Irwin slim ones can be used with a optional rachet handle same as Monument.
Toolstation do Fastkut, like the normal grey metal ones but uses less turns apparently.

I have been using the nerrad ones for 6 months now, still cutting nice and cleanly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe slice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock