Search the forum,

Discuss pipe insulation types in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr Wilson

greetings

There seems to be 2 types of thermal insulation for piping one being a sock the other being grey foam that being sold here in poland. im laying pipe in a wall to be rendered over and not sure whcih i should use for this application i guess which will resist the corrosion qualities from render best i noticed that the sock does have a plastic outer layer but i was recommended the grey foam for in wall application so just getting a confirmation

cheers

think you mean hair felt and if you can depending how much your chasing grey foam and tape the joints

cheers mate... walls are 600 thick so no problems with chasing depth... dont insulate in Australia unless A/C so learning new products and methods in EU.

:coolgleamA:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe insulation types in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
I apologise in advance that this might not make sense or be full of silly/obvious questions, but I am a novice at all this! We have recently knocked through from our kitchen to a new extension to create an opening. Various things have been moved from the wall that was knocked through, including...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Hi There, I need some advice, i have just received a quote from a plumber to fix a 8m x 150mm stormwater pipe that runs under tree roots, he has quoted to dig the old pipe out and fit a new one but the pipe he is recommending seems to me to be very inadequate. I asked him what pipe he was going...
Replies
Views
Hello After moving into our house we noticed an occasional sewage smell in the cupboard/room under the stairs containing the Megaflo cylinder and various heating controls and plumbing connections. There is a toilet and shower room on the other side of the adjacent (the right in photo 1 below)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock