Search the forum,

Discuss pipe freezer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
the pipe will stay frozen unlike the gas cannister type uwwwwwww
grrrrrrrr had a 22mm one fail last week,well fail is not the word it did not freeze in the first place,over head in a cylinder cubbard on steps,contents of old system full bore straight in the mush:mad::mad:.
thank god for push on blanks:D

It's me again!

Has anyone out there managed to purchase a Plumbfreeze FZ400 unit yet (see the earlier posts in this thread)?

If so, does it work properly?

I very recently got a Plumbfreeze FZ400. So far performance has been good....rgds..

This is good news! Does it actually perform as advertised? How long does it take to freeze 100%? What temperature does it get down to? May I also ask how much, and from which supplier?

Last edited:
Got it from the Plumbfreeze 'Installer Live' stand at the recent Coventry plumbing exhibition. Paid £299 quid. On a 15mil pipe the unit got down to -17C then stabilised at -15C. Early days yet, but so far no complaints..rgds

read your post about freeze master, i've got one, use it half a dozen times, looks brand new. out of gaurantee, asked the rep for advice, says it wants servicing £220.00, plus postage there and back. Costs more than a major service on my car. it stands on a pedestal collecting dust, robbing sods. any help most welcome

read your post about freeze master, i've got one, use it half a dozen times, looks brand new. out of gaurantee, asked the rep for advice, says it wants servicing £220.00, plus postage there and back. Costs more than a major service on my car. it stands on a pedestal collecting dust, robbing sods. any help most welcome

...skip it:confused:

:D

Just kidding, is it broken then or what is its current state?

Run it all day, does'nt even get cold. tryin to get a sensible quote to get it fixed.
tried tool hire repair people, toolstation. chap there said maybe seals have gone, then will need re-fill with coolant, if so, got to send it to manufacturers. i thought maybe it would be an air conditioning mans job, can't find anyone to do the job

It is more a refrigeration repair but a decent ac chap should be able to sort it. this is my main area of work and have repaired loads of them. its normaly the mechanical connections to the flexible pipes which feed the freezer heads that leaks refrigerant. Your dead right though £220 is four times as much of what this sort of repair should be. Wear are you based I might be able to recommend some one:)

I have a Freeze Master and I had exactly the same experience, it would not freeze pipes or only very slowly. I contacted the manufacturer as a very unhappy customer. I too was told about £200 to repair / service it. I queried this and they explained that they virtually rebuild it. I was also told that the problem arises through lack of use, hence the seals dry out etc. So you are faced with three choices, scrap it, sell for repair or get the repair done. I sent mine for repair!
When it came back it was like new and now I just run it every couple of weeks if I haven,t used it on a job and it is fine and I heartily recommend Freeze Master with the one caveat that you must run it frequenttly. It only needs turning on for a few minutes, doesn't need to be on a pipe or anything. Easy but an expensive lesson to learn.
I have no connection to Freeze Master so my view is unbiased.

Thanks for your advice, i'm in the leicestershire area.
also seams that little bit of advice about running it often is general practice. lack of use seams about right.

It is more a refrigeration repair but a decent ac chap should be able to sort it. this is my main area of work and have repaired loads of them. its normaly the mechanical connections to the flexible pipes which feed the freezer heads that leaks refrigerant. Your dead right though £220 is four times as much of what this sort of repair should be. Wear are you based I might be able to recommend some one:)
i'm in the leicestershire area,
thanks for advice

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks to Bob Croft and Pipe Strangler. I have a Freeze Master with exactly the same symptoms, and to be fair it would go a long time between uses. I will most likely have it refurbed by the manufacturer and then sell it with the guarantee. I just don't use it enough since most of my work is planned refurbs rather than call outs.

I can reassure you that regular use or non regular use will not affect the operation of a pipe freezer nor will it affect the performance of domectic refrigerator which uses identical components aparts from the freezer heads but you can make your own decission:)

purchased mine from the installer live show which was held at the ricoh stadium earlieer this year. its BRILLAINT. i paid £300 but this was show price, i think if you order over the phone or online its £399 plus the VAT + p&p. but worth every penny even at that price

Have been using the Artic pipe freezer alot at a care home, seems good. Am renting it for 18.50 plus vat a day, wondering whether to buy as I normally get by with out them and as the rental price is good, is worth it.

For BCP

PLUMBFREEZE 0844 335 1982

i got mine from the installer live show which was held at the Ricoh Stadium.
At the show they had special offer price which i paid £299. but i think if you order direct from them now its priced at £399 inc vat.

I have a freeze master machine they are based in hendon london they are very helpful with any problems, just use the machine for an hour once a month to keep the seals in good condition if in any doubt that the pipe has not frozen drill it with a 3mm drill and if water comes out use a pop rivit to stop the leak and give the freezer more time
ph

Hi ive shut down the plantroom on a block of flats
when heating was on
did the biz
20 min new valve connect on steel pipework

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DauEdi9e4UVo"]
[/DLMURL]

With what ?

Last edited by a moderator:
If your electric freezer need regassing, don't send it back to the manufacturers as they charge a rip-off price. Go to a refrigeration engineer. When I had mine done, it was going to be £250 plus VAT to send it back. The refrigeration engineer charged me £65 inc VAT.

Brought one of the plumbfreeze electric freezers a couple of weeks ago only just got round to using it remove and re pipe new bathroom rad pulled up the floor board 15mm pipe set-up took about 10 mins to freeze did work pressed thaw all great would recommend to anyone that only needs domestic up to 22mm.

Pex tubings withstanding very low temperatures ) better than copper!

Hi

I know Rothenberger have a new one out PIPE FREEZE ECO!...supposed to be excellent!:) 0800 626985 - speak to Lee - tell him Scott said press the discount button!

just bought ours yesterdays. rems machine 925+vat free jacket included freezes from 1/2 to 2". lots of their tools on offer this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe freezer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock