Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Pipe Fitting connectors! in the Plumbing Forum area at

  1. ANTH0NY

    ANTH0NY New Member

    Hi all,
    New to the forum, I like my DIY projects etc and so this leads me to my query. I have a small 5 litre water heater in an out house, this backs onto another room which i wish to plumb a hot supply to as there is a cold only sink in there. The connections on the water heater are threaded and currently has a flexi hose running off this direct to the tap. The flex hose attached to the water heater measures in at 15.32mm internally.

    A standard 1/2 inch connector fitting measures at roughly 19mm internally and so to no surprise is does not fit. Any ideas on what connector size i need for this fitting? the plan is to continue the work in 15mm copper from the heater and feed to sinks which are almost back to back, Hope you can help!

  2. ShaunCorbs

    ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

    Could be 5/8 eg euro any chance of a pic ?
  3. ANTH0NY

    ANTH0NY New Member

  4. ANTH0NY

    ANTH0NY New Member

    Hi Shaun,

    failed the first time with a pic, hopefully this attempt works! I think im with you on the measurement size you suggested... which leads me to my next question, where can i get this fitting from? Ive looked for something in this size too but had no joy.


  5. ANTH0NY

    ANTH0NY New Member

    This picture is the correct one! Apologies

  6. ShaunCorbs

    ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

    Your local plumbing merchants should have something eg city plumbing / sort you out

    Any chance a pic of the heater ?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. rpm

    rpm Trusted Plumber

    You are not getting a correct sizing by measuring inside the nut. Measure the outside of the male part in inches.
  8. ANTH0NY

    ANTH0NY New Member

  9. ANTH0NY

    ANTH0NY New Member

    Hi, Its around the 19mm mark, i dont have the tool i used in my previous pic as it was borrowed. not sure if this helps..
  10. ShaunCorbs

    ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

    Hyco is a city plumbing water heater
    19mm is 1/2"
  11. ANTH0NY

    ANTH0NY New Member

    I have tried a straight female connector 15mm x 1/2'' and it is too big. If i measure the inside of this 1/2'' connector (which i now know is the wrong way to measure) it measures at 19mm which is a half inch as you suggest, but i need a smaller fitting based on the pic above.

    I will try city plumbing in the morning, thanks for your help, much appreciated.

  12. rpm

    rpm Trusted Plumber

    Take the flexi with you.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ric2013

    Ric2013 Plumber

    Looks like the sort of flexi some monobloc sink mixers use.
  14. sammathias

    sammathias Plumber GSR

    If the half inch is too big then more than likely 3/8th or 12mm.. take the Flexi to city plumbing.
  15. Cailean

    Cailean Plumber

    Looks like a standard M12 flexi hose used in mono mixer taps.
Similar Threads - Pipe Fitting connectors Forum Date
Steel pipe fitting without thread. Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum Monday at 6:30 PM
which fitting? radiator 15mm pipe to central heating valve Plumbing Forum Jun 15, 2019