Search the forum,

Discuss pipe cutting in confined space in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

ive got a couple of 15mm pipes that need to be cut but they are so close to the wall (practically touching it) that theres no way i can get a pipe slice around it.

Thought about using a hacksaw but theres pretty much no chance ill get a straight clean cut.

What do you guys do in this situation? are there any pipe cutters that you'd recommend that might allow me to cut the pipe when its right up against the wall?

Thanks

Yea and a file

Haha good point!
I actually want to re route the pipes in order to move a sink.
Going to fit an elbow to the cut pipes so i can route them away from the wall then decide where to add the fittings. (iso valves)

Sometimes you can just butcher a rough cut further away on the pipe using a hacksaw, multitool or grinder, etc and then the pipe end will pull forward a few mm to allow a pipe slice to cut it where you originally wanted

ive got a couple of 15mm pipes that need to be cut but they are so close to the wall (practically touching it) that theres no way i can get a pipe slice around it.

Thought about using a hacksaw but theres pretty much no chance ill get a straight clean cut.

What do you guys do in this situation? are there any pipe cutters that you'd recommend that might allow me to cut the pipe when its right up against the wall?

Thanks
If its not visible, just biff a clearance dent in the wall , job done. centralheatking......look for solutions not problems thats what I do

I find sticking a chisel or flat head screw driver behind the pipe then gently levering it forward often gives you just enough to use your slice...

Reply to pipe cutting in confined space in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I'm running copper pipework for my new bathroom and there's a spot about the isolation valve which is really tight because everything has to fit behind the wall until it can run under the bath and there wasn't much space as there's a sink there too. Made a silly mistake with the...
Replies
Views
hi all, is there any alternatives to cutting a HEP 2.0 pipe without using their own recommended cutters? i only have 2 cuts to do thanks
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hope you’re all doing well. I had a new bathroom installed recently which involved new piping, and also capping off some redundant pipes. Since then, my boiler (pretty new Vaillant combi) turns on when I turn the cold water on. I’ve done some reading and it seems like the problem is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock