Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe connection for 1940/50s imperial StopCock (1/2" copper pipe). in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Could anyone please identify the thread and connection required to fit this old stopcock (photo attached), the problem thread is 0.894" across the thread, with 14 threads per inch.
The feed pipe into the stopcock is 1/2" copper, and is approximately 4" long - from the concrete floor to the existing in stopcock connection. My problem is that the out connection nut is missing and I am wanting to connect a 15mm pipe to the stopcock to feed an external garden tap.
I had previously been advised, by a friend, that I required a 1/2" bsp tap connection, purchased one - too small, a further friend advised that I would need a 3/4" bsp tap connection, again I purchased one - it was too large.
Is there anything currently available that will fit the bill?

StopCock thread photo.jpg

It's quite posibly 5/8" but you wont be able to buy a plumbing Compression nut that size nowadays.
That size is still used in Hydraulic fittings.

New tap as above is the solution.
The thread was used on some bib tap originally.

It's quite posibly 5/8" but you wont be able to buy a plumbing Compression nut that size nowadays.
That size is still used in Hydraulic fittings.

New tap as above is the solution.
The thread was used on some bib tap originally.
Thanks Snowhead, I'll follow that one up.
Popsk

Bit of a prob with that one HF, I'm having to dig-out the external stopcock, 50yrs solid soil buildup from path-cover to 3' down, and still digging with no sign of the stop valve yet!
We have all been there. It’s normally about an arms length down. Keep going it is there.:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

Call the water board out then say you can’t find the stop tap

They will find it and dig it out for you

Yes everything seems tobe pointing in that direction Shaun. Would they charge for this service?

They shouldn’t as you require access to the outside stop tap

Reply to Pipe connection for 1940/50s imperial StopCock (1/2" copper pipe). in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock