Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe bender. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JDFheating

Hi fellow plumbers.

I have been trying to find this very unusual pipe bender. It's one my old boss used to have. I have looked for years on eBay and stuff like that on the off chance one would pop up. So far no such luck.

It only bends 15mm, it has two parts to it. One part with a fixed bent guide, like you would find on any smaller style pipe bender (but this one fits 15mm not 10 and lower) and a foot long steal handle coming off the bottom. The 2nd part was another foot long handle and at the top a small moveable guide that rotated as you pull the two guides together. The two parts would slide together with the pipe wedged in-between. The you would pull to your desired angle. Such a handy bender because it is 1/4 of the size of a standard 15-22mm bender.

I have seen some similar. Like the barco one but that one is still big. I think this one was a rothenberger make. If any one has any idea what I am talking about I would be really impressed. Mainly because my description of this tool is terrible. But also because they seam quite rare. Spoken to loads of plumbers about them and no one has used one before. Lets see if you guys can help.

Cheers

james.

like this?
image.jpg

Not that one. That is the smaller pipe bender for 10 and 8 mm isn't it? The one I was talking about is two parts that become separate from each other. Any colour on it was red and grey.
Cheers though

It was called a Robend. I had one until some scrote nicked it when my back was turned for a second. Used to give a lovely tight bend. I bought a replacement but they changed the design and it would only work on soft copper.

*ding* *ding* *ding* we have a winner. That's the one. Great little bender. So the newer models only bend a lower grade copper??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe bender. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock