Search the forum,

Discuss PH Jones are recruiting in Nottingham - District Heating Unit experience needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Helen BG

Hi all,

This job is still available. I read your feedback on the salary with interest, so thanks for the comments. I wondered if anyone knows whether District Heating Unit / Heating Interface Unit experience is really rare? We are not finding many people with the relevant background. Any feedback would again be helpful.

Job details as follows:
British Gas acquired PH Jones, a leading player in the Social Housing Sector, in May 2011. We now have an exciting opportunity for a District Heating Unit Engineer to join the PH Jones team in Nottingham.

• Rate per hour, £12.43 plus Bonuses and Callout.
  • Purpose: To service and repair residential HIU (Heating Interface Unit / District Heating Unit) installations, repair iron pipe work installations and work on high pressure/temperature installations in client properties, within the social housing sector.

Please follow this link to apply on our website: Click here to apply

If you have any questions, please send me a PM.

Thanks again
Helen

i live in nottingham, about 2 miles from this district heating estates which are st annes, the meadows area. it was installed in the 1970's and is very dated system. subsequently the original installers are now just about all retired.
when i get inquiries to these systems i proceed with caution as they are a can of worms to work on as there are too many problems with them.imo
if i were to be 'employed' and work on them i would be looking at £20ph less than half that of s-emp. i actually doubt anyone could train to work on them either as there will not be anyone knowledgeable to teach.
further more, tesco pay that for stacking on the evening shift. the jones rate is too low around here £16 might find someone. imo
hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PH Jones are recruiting in Nottingham - District Heating Unit experience needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock