Search the forum,

Discuss pex fitting to rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr Wilson

have 20mm pex running behind wall and looking at ways to connect to rad ( horizontal connection )... obviously only want as few connections in wall and 1 if possible. was planing of using a copper stub out elbow using a crimp connection if i can source them to germany. not sure if this (copper)will look a little ugly sticking out the wall ... would prefer chrome pipe but to connect this would require 2 connections either side of an elbow and the chrome pipe would have to be compression fitting.

any thoughts on this what are you pros using mabye theres a pex fitting im unaware of.

cheers

What make of pex is it?

hmmm good question which would require a walk down to the shed...that will ave to wait till tomorrow ... i do know its us made or at least distributed from there ... will look at that tomorrow ...

actually do you mean manufacture of pex or type ... type is Pex Al Pex
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Just google pex to copper and a few adapters come up

7630d1357654402-please-help-me-understand-pex-fitting-10831d1217973736-pvc-copper-interface-200702_pex_009.jpg

cheers shaun ive looked into all these fittings as i cant find a supplier of copper stubs in germany. it seems like the full range of pex fittings are in USA even the crimp fittings shown in above pic i cant get those type of fittings here there a little different with a shorter barb...
im thinking ill just have to use an pex crimp elbow to copper and solder the copper connection therefor making my own copper stub.
all the same i think ill figure it out...

cheers

cheers shaun ive looked into all these fittings as i cant find a supplier of copper stubs in germany. it seems like the full range of pex fittings are in USA even the crimp fittings shown in above pic i cant get those type of fittings here there a little different with a shorter barb...
im thinking ill just have to use an pex crimp elbow to copper and solder the copper connection therefor making my own copper stub.

cheers

what make of pex do you have?

cheers

Amber in Deutschland becomes Sie a deer materialised die Sienzum pressed verwenden kƶnnen ... Muss doch nicht unbedingt pex sein oder ?

Wir haben doch echt hochwertige press fittinge und die passenden Plastik Rohre dazu.

these are the types of crimp fittings the the supplies sells with my pex ... i beleive they aluminum probably plated nickle

sorry matchless my Deutsch aint that great yet something about a deer materializing that i can get use to???

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2559-02-10 at 20.36.23.jpg
    Screen Shot 2559-02-10 at 20.36.23.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 38
now i understand you mean mlcp (multi layer pipe) and the fittings are crimp right if so have a look at these

[DLMURL]http://www.uheat.co.uk/uponor-mlcp-copper-adaptor-fittings-20x22mm/[/DLMURL]

[DLMURL="http://clmheatingsolutions.com/product/wall-plate-elbow-fitting/"]Wall Plate Elbow Fitting - CLM Heating Solutions[/DLMURL]

these are the types of crimp fittings the the supplies sells with my pex ... i beleive they aluminum probably plated nickle

sorry matchless my Deutsch aint that great yet something about a deer materializing that i can get use to???

Sorry my bad the keyboard wasn't right settled.

I just mentioned that you can get easily very good / high standard plastic pipes in Germany as well as fittings ... We have got loads of crimping stuff and well insulated pipes for crimping

now i understand you mean mlcp (multi layer pipe) and the fittings are crimp right if so have a look at these

[DLMURL="http://www.uheat.co.uk/uponor-mlcp-copper-adaptor-fittings-20x22mm/"]Uponor MLCP/Copper Adaptor Fittings 20x22mm (Pack of 10) - uHeat[/DLMURL]

[DLMURL="http://clmheatingsolutions.com/product/wall-plate-elbow-fitting/"]Wall Plate Elbow Fitting - CLM Heating Solutions[/DLMURL]

ya correct multi layer pipe .. Pex Al Pex = pex aluminium pex ....

cheers fellas ... would you guys recommend these crimp over compression for behind wall... or better put wouldn't compression provide better grip

crimp and over compression crimp would take much much force to pull off

why not use these and connect the pex straight to the radiator valve [DLMURL="http://www.uheat.co.uk/uponor-bsp-compression-adaptor-mlcp-16mm-x-1-2-ft/"]Uponor BSP Compression Adaptor (MLCP) 16mm x 1/2" FT - uHeat[/DLMURL]

you can use these with compression fittings as well if you haven't got a crimp tool

why not use these and connect the pex straight to the radiator valve [DLMURL="http://www.uheat.co.uk/uponor-bsp-compression-adaptor-mlcp-16mm-x-1-2-ft/"]Uponor BSP Compression Adaptor (MLCP) 16mm x 1/2" FT - uHeat[/DLMURL]

you can use these with compression fittings as well if you haven't got a crimp tool

cheers mate ... i did look at those but not sure if i want pex to be seen visually.

looking like ill use a crimp elbow to either soldered copper or threaded chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pex fitting to rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock