Search the forum,

Discuss pex expansion looping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr Wilson

greetings...

just a quick question
im putting pex into a chased brick wall to be rendered over and was wondering if there will be any expansion issues as i read pex can expand up to 15% and placing an expansion loop in stud walls is standard
loop.jpgpex.jpg
My pex is in insulated but ive no way to put in a loop between rads whats folks solution for this or better whats the longest distance of pex pipe before a loop is necessary.

any thoughts are appreciated

not heard that one, but best to leave room for pipe movement as per normal

Not an issue in stud partitions but could be on a finished surface chased solid wall. By being inside insulation tho it is not a problem as the pipe will expand back to the void it is fed from.

Not an issue in stud partitions but could be on a finished surface chased solid wall. By being inside insulation tho it is not a problem as the pipe will expand back to the void it is fed from.
cheers tamz ... so i should make sure that my anchor points provide some movement for the pex. i was placing anchor points every meter or so.

so how will that work between rads as its basically a daisy chain with a length of pex and T adapters providing flow to and from rads.will there be any push and pull on T adapters ... actually come to think of it theres only 1 length of about 5m between rads the rest are all under 2 meters so expansion shouldn't be an issue.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pex expansion looping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock