Search the forum,

Discuss Pesky rodents having a great time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Steve weightman

Gas Engineer
Investigating a leak in bathroom through the ceiling earlier and didn't take long to get to the bottom of it unfortunately it's under the floor the pressure on the boiler won't rise at all... they've had a right nibble..

20190605_145802.jpg

20190605_145807.jpg

Copper certainly is the future just as it was the past. Future tax on plastics will bring about a renaissance in copper. The manufacturers I know are already gearing up for it. Rob Foster
centralheatking

Had a right job with It. Got the boards up and spotted two holes so repaired them pressurised the system and still jetting out elsewhere ended up with five holes and was slightly expecting a nip putting me hands under ... I reckon there's a bever about.

20190606_111223.jpg

We had an infestation of mice and it's taken over a month of placing bait boxes down to get rid of the bastards! We now have bait boxes under the kitchen cupboards, in the garage on the patio and so on. From now on I'll replace them every 6 weeks or so as when the bait goes stale they don't go for it. Good business for our local B&Q though!

It's one thing to catch them - that is only the start, now you need to find and fill the holes where they are getting in!

It's one thing to catch them - that is only the start, now you need to find and fill the holes where they are getting in!
Tell me about it! They'd chewed through the bottom of the garage door, coming up through the gap where the drainpipe runs out of the kitchen....be like painting Sydney Harbour bridge!! :(:(:(

In my local, there is a fella who has a little dog..as its in a rural area ..locals come in and borrow the dog for a couple of nights providing they look after him feed and water him and leave the tv on overnight no sound and leave all the doors downstairs open he sorts it out.
He is a ratter and a mouser loves his role and is very effective, they have to clean the mess up but are happy and it works. Mind you its bonkers there we had cygnets there last weekend on the bar as they had got separated on the canal.
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Got a call to house with no power, eventually traced it to a range cooker, went back to pull cooker out and Roland had not only chewed through the extensive wiring under burner plate area but actually took away nearly all of the igniter wires, in other words he /she chewed through the wiring and i assume made a bed of it....
The place did smell a bit but i thought it was their dog

Can always try one of the electronic units meant to scare them away. I was very sceptical but resorted to them to get rid of mice, voles in the loft , old thatched thing, and very surprised they work. Not had any visitors since I installed them.

Its quite good fun to sit downstairs with an air pistol my sons and I have found.
until one son decided to loose off at the christmas tree baubles after his mother asked him to take the tree down after xmas. she was not amused
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to Pesky rodents having a great time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock