Search the forum,

Discuss Passed CCN and boilers..now, to join corgi... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mobileghod

right ive passed my ccn1 and boilers

i have filled out the online form and it is been processed. I have had a call rom corgi saying i need to pay £299
200 for application and 99 for the registration or something like that till gas safety takes over.

does anybody know what happens after that?
i understand a rep comes out to meet me to check over certificates etc... what will he/she do or say? is there another exam sort of thing or is it more of a formality just to introduce me to corgi?

thanks people

as far as i am aware corgi will be charging you for a years registration, even though it the year ends march 31st! i may be wrong but check it out. the new registration scheme is changing this year to 'gas safe' so i would have a good look into it before spending your money.

I have spoken to Gas Safe Register yesterday regarding another issue. I did ask the question for a mate of mine in the same boat as you.
I was told that Gas Safe Register is only dealing with " Current Registered Corgi" engineers at present and any new engineer wishing to be registered, will need to contact then at the end of February or start of March. They will not issue any paperwork for it. This cost is £365.00 I was told (don't quote me).
They will not offer (PBAR) which is the additional registration that Corgi were offering to experienced gas engineers wanting to become Corgi registered for themselves.
I certainly would hang off as you will still have to pay more if you go Corgi, then Gas Safe as they are the new registration.
If anyone knows any different, I am intrigued on this fiasco that is going to cause havoc on qualified engineers!!!

Cheers
Sean

officially corgi registered, thank god for that.

took me 4 years on ****e money hard work alot of exams but ive made it.

had the inspector round mine yesterday ho asked a few basic questions about gas rating gas meters flues ventillation etc an was quite happy to put me through. was the longest 2 hours of my life ha ha

anyway im chufed and glad its over, a few beers tonight now i reckon

Well done, as you know corgi want proof of work even low i have past the acs and before acops, they say need a portfolio of work, well i have worked with corgi reg people for the last ten years, so like you i am going to get some letters from some of them to prove it . But what sort of questions were you ask on ventilation and gas rates meters. Any well done again.

its easy really mate

he asked me
what is the incoming gas pressure at
what loss in pressure is allowed to an appliance from the meter
what sought of stuff should be on or in meter box ...eg sealed, earth bonding emergency contact number lever falling to the off position.
then he went to boilers . . how would i do working pressure, gas rates... with different meters in place u6 e6 etc..
if the boiler was in cupboard what ventillation is required for room sealed, open flued etc..
then went to fires asked how i wold do flue flow test, spillage test then purging...

sounds intense but was it wasnt really u have your corgi manual if required. i just showed him my bpec certs a letter from current employer then a couple of sheets from college with what i had done in nvq 3

Thanks Again for your reply. i does sound intense, i had better get my head down in the books, which area are you, south east, north ects. hope you will do well in your venture it is were i want to be. Good luck.

im in the midlands mate, its only intense if you dont do it reguarly but i d it every week so you pick things up remember things etc...dont get me wrong its not that easy until you do it most of the time

That is exactly how gas safe register wants to work. Leave the competent ones alone but check the borderline gas engineers more often. I dont just mean newly qualified as I have seen a good few old timers get a wake up call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Passed CCN and boilers..now, to join corgi... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock