Search the forum,

Discuss Part P & Tiling. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marples

Hi, can anyone give me more information on what exactly Part P & 17th Edition qualifies someone to do?
also do you need a qualification to tile professionally. saying that someone knows and has been tiling for a long period of time without a qualification. Thanks.

Part P and the 17th "qualifies" you to do absolutely nothing.

Years of training and experience qualify someone to safely install to the correct standard.

Registration with a Scheme allows you to do notifiable electrical work without notifying Building Control.

Tiling requires no formal qualifications unless you work for a company that requires you to have them.

The flip side to that is. Years ago so called electricians (dont get me wrong not everyone obviously lol ) were doing everything and now theres part p.....

The So called 'electricians' had to stop and get correctly trained to a recognised standard.

Needless to say...some went back to tiling lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Part P & Tiling. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey guys I know this ain't plumbing. But some of you may know. I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under the floor tiles one of the floorboards on side of the bath was wet through and almost rotten. So I feel the water has been seeping through that due...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this might have been asked many times before, so apologies. Just moved into a new housebuild and the bathroom tiling is not good! What would you say ix the largest gap to fill with silicone? It's obvious that the tiler has cust his tiles to short and it trying to hide this with...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a stone-resin shower tray, new ceramic tiles on the floor and half tiling on the walls. All the work...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Moved in to a new house a few months ago. The previous owner had installed an accessible wetroom with nonslip flooring, handrails, etc. We've been using it but have started to notice that some of the floor tiles make a squelching sound when you tread on them and a little water emerges...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock